Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2000 2x4 LT with the 5.9 liter...little over 220K miles. Engine and transmission are great, but i'm having this problem when I try to unlock the car with the fobs, the alarm goes off and the only way I can stop is is by disconnecting the battery. Not really to worried about getting stolen, but I need to find a way around to disable all the security stuff without disabling the car. Help! Same thing happens with just a key start.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Welcome,
Does it go off if you use the key in driver door?? Unlock & lock it back?
Does it go off when you press FOB or only after door opens??

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update...Nothing works so far. Car is completely disabled by security system. Horn honks continuously, only way to stop it is to disconnect the battery. Tried new batteries in the fobs, tried keys. Car turns over, but sounds like it's not getting fuel (security system shuts off fuel flow, I'm pretty sure). I'm completely out of business here. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 98 is doing this as well, 5,2 4x4 SLT I never got any fobs when I bought the vehicle off a car lot. but if you try and use the key to unlock the drivers door it sets the alarm off, I have to hobble to the back and use the rear hatch lock to shut the horn off but the vehicle still wont crank, spark and fuel pressure come and go randomly. I connected the pos and neg cable together to clear the system and put a new ASD relay in and she fired right up, When I shut it down it was back to square 1...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts