Discussion Starter #1
Working on a 2000 Durango

How do you setup the keyless entry system key remote

I want the driver door to unlock first, all other's second

Thank's Rick in INDY

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Rick I believe they have that spelled out pretty good in the manual. If not I can look in the 2001 FSM and see if they list a procedure that maybe is the same
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just came in.

Was working on this Durango for a friend and didn't know how to turn off the unlock all on one button. The alarm needed to see two different things; disarm-unlock; and at different time's or it wouldn't function right.

I found the manual and did some reading. All's good.
Hope the owner can sleep better knowing that the Durango's SAFE

Rick

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Cool They can be fickle systems
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The alarm is made by Code Alarm for the Mopar system and work's off the OEM remote.
Starter kill, shock sensor, door zone trigger, light flash, chirp's when armed, and auto rearm.
Only drawback I seen is starter kill is an open relay (starter won't engage when the alarm has no power) and could strand someone if it fails.

Rick

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Was this Indy's D the VSC Mopar system he picked up?
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes

Rick

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Was it an easy install? Was it worth it or is the aftermarket sysytems better?
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it wasn't bad.
Easy 9-10 wire hookup was about it.
Wire's that you need weren't at the locations the install manual stated.
The OEM remote range and no room for remote start off the OEM remote would be the only drawback I can see.
Secure and make's noise if messed with.

Rick

·
Administrator
15,104 Posts
Secure and makes noise? Excellent! Now for a dark-ass tint job and I'm all set!

Personally, I'm glad it uses the stocker remote. And for me, I love the starter kill and would never use a remote start anyways. I'm all good I think! :) The setup is the Mopar EVS-2 add-on package for the stock alarm. I got the setup and the wiring harness for the Dakota per the instructions) all from DodgeParts.com

As for me? I'm "back" sorta. Sitting in Murfreesboro, TN now and about 6 hours south of home. Wifey wanted to go to bed. Like she can't sleep in the damn Toyota while I drive on! Anyways, I'll be by after you get home tomorrow to get the D out of your way. THANKS!

IndyDurango

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Keep us posted on how well it works for you.
Steve
DOC Pres

·
Administrator
15,104 Posts
Well, in a word? SWEET!

It's very cool! While at the same time I can't get over still getting to use the stocker remote with all new added features.

The parking lights flash twice now when the alarm is armed. Never did that before.

Also chirps twice like a big-boy alarm. Only had the horn before.

If the system doesn't see all the doors closed properly, it chirps and flashes only once so you know something is awry. Didn't have that fail-safe before.

There's a hidden override switch in the cab to keep you from being in a stranded situation where you couldn't over ride the alarm if the FOB battery fails and you can't get it to turn off the alarm. Never had that before.

The dual mode glass break sensor is cool. A single "Get-Away-Long-chirp" as it senses a bang on the D anywhere. A screaming alarm if the bang is too much for comfort. Didn't have any of that before. Sensor is adjustable for sensitivity.

It's all Mopar (CodeAlarm rebranded by/as Mopar) and cool that it uses the stocker wiring and co-exists with a Made-for-our-Durango/Dakota wiring harness that made the install easy.

It's all good.

IndyDurango

·
Administrator
15,104 Posts
Here's what's needed on the alarm upgrade as ordered via Dodgeparts.com :

One Mopar EVS II Plus (Harness) Dakota Wiring Harness (82206776) = $54.60
One Mopar EVS II Plus (Alarm Kit) Gen 1 Durango 1998-2003 (82204268) = $144.30

P.S. Even the taillights flash when arming the system.

IndyD

·
Administrator
15,104 Posts
Revisiting...years later. The D is at my son's and he ran down the FOB and then he ran down the spare FOB and never fixed the batteries. So, the alarm screams and the lockout kicks in and he's done.

With limited tech background on what to do on what is essentially a very unique D overall, and the local dealer was shell shocked and useless. They CLAIMED they couldn't even touch it since it was over 10 years old. Hell, I had even forgotten that this was a factory add-on alarm. At least now I can guide them if needed to uninstall an OEM component.

So...in from Arizona to work on the D again in Indiana this afternoon. I think I can use the override features and just add a new transmitter/FOB even if it is the same FOB to begin with. In fact, maybe even add a 3rd FOB.

For everyone, before they disappear elsewhere, here are instructions as found on line for the EVS II Plus 82204268. I didn't install it originally, Rick did for me as a HiFi guru. I'll just be trying to recap the steps if needed. I think I can get the FOB reconnected and we'll be fine.

Two slightly different sets of instructions. BOTH will probably get any of us there. Wish me luck!!

~IndyD

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts