Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a dog cage in the back of the Durango?

Looking to maybe get a Durango RT or Citadel and I do have a quite large Golden Retriever.

Herre in Sweden you basicly have to have the dog in a cage in the car.

Does it work well?

Any problems?

Some pics perhaps?

/Jocce

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 98 Durango... and had a young ... big dog in the cage for 5 hours at a stretch with one or two stops. The dog will be feeling safer and more relaxed than with an open area in back of vehicle. Most of what you have to be aware of is making sure to pause and water and to do dogs business ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 98 Durango... and had a young ... big dog in the cage for 5 hours at a stretch with one or two stops. The dog will be feeling safer and more relaxed than with an open area in back of vehicle. Most of what you have to be aware of is making sure to pause and water and to do dogs business ...
Well, for the Dogs benefit I do know that it is a LOT better with a cage.
So just most woundering about the cage fitting in the Durango etc :)

/Jocce

·
Registered
2 Posts
We actually got our '14 durango because we were getting 2 German Sheperds and our '11 Grand Cherokee was just too small. What we do is fold down the 3rd row and put up a pet barrier on top of the 3rd row. Space wise its fine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
When i go on trips and take the Dog with my two kids, he is in a large cage i got from Petco with the middle a lift up. i fold the 3rd row down and put the cage in with that middle door facing the 2nd row. I have captain chairs so its a nice opening in the middle. My dog goes right in between the captain chairs and into the cage. and I'm able to open and close it. also helps cause when we have all the luggage and everything, i don't ever need to open the trunk. I did this on purpose when looking for a cage for my Durango, also the cage folds up quick.

·
Registered
221 Posts
We are almost back home from a holiday trip to the Midwest as I type this. We have 4 adults and 3 60-plus pound dogs traveling very comfortably. Here is a photo of our set up using a trunk liner and a pet barrier.
WP_20150104_002.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts