Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read lots of posts about going with an x-pipe and I think its the route that makes sense for what I want to do with my Citadel. I've read the Dynomax x-pipe can have pretty low quality welds. I know some have gone with specific name brands like magnaflow and many people just say they got an x-pipe. I just ordered this setup off amazon - the reviews are good as well as price. I'll have the local custom muffler shop install it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I just looked at your x pipe and think it should be fine. It's stainless steel and should last a very long time. I however Don't like the Mid Muffler delete as you still have the Resonators in place. I think the best thing to do for a better sounding exhaust IF you don't willing to go with a Cat back system is to delete the Resonators.
The Resonators TUNE your sound and cancel out certain tones to tame the sound down. I think removing them is the best thing as now you can have more of a vintage tone from your exhaust. I'm curious what you think after you get yours done.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I dont think the brand matters as much. I just xpiped my 18 RT not to long ago after watching tons of videos on them and they all pretty much sound the same. They guy above is right though if you want sound you should definitely cut the resonators. My xpipe only cost $20 but I have a Gibson axleback. Here's a video. Check it out and see what you think.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a reputable custom exhaust shop fabricate and install my x-pipe and it came out better than any aftermarket x-pipes I have seen.

Here is a quick video I took after getting home from the exhaust shop:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So got to the shop and they said they could put in my x-pipe but they thought they could make a better overall setup. So they made this for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s definitely louder but not sure it is the sound I was looking for. The resonators knock the sound down a bit but they don’t really change the tone over what I would imagine straight pipe would be. I’m going to drive it a little while longer before I write up my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts