Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you.

No adapter needed.

When I had my x-pipe put on my exhaust guy dropped the exhaust and re-tacked everything with them straight. This was done back in September and hasn't moved. The pics above are from a few days ago.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, like I said earlier, I went and purchased the Pypes brand 4 1/2 inch black tips. I just can't understand where they can say that you can just bolt them on.

I cut off the original exhaust tips and left about 1 1/2 inches on the resonator and then slipped over a 1 1/2 inch long adapter and still had to cut 2 individual half pieces of adapter to fill in the gap. I noticed on the box of the tips that they had sent me was for a 2010 Camaro, but it was still a two and a half inch inlet.

I tighten the bolts on the tips so much that I was waiting for the weld to break. It didn't want to clamp down for nothin'.

Anyway, I'll be taking it to the shop where I had my cutouts put on and have them weld the tips to the resonators just to play it safe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, like I said earlier, I went and purchased the Pypes brand 4 1/2 inch black tips. I just can't understand where they can say that you can just bolt them on.

I cut off the original exhaust tips and left about 1 1/2 inches on the resonator and then slipped over a 1 1/2 inch long adapter and still had to cut 2 individual half pieces of adapter to fill in the gap. I noticed on the box of the tips that they had sent me was for a 2010 Camaro, but it was still a two and a half inch inlet.

I tighten the bolts on the tips so much that I was waiting for the weld to break. It didn't want to clamp down for nothin'.

Anyway, I'll be taking it to the shop where I had my cutouts put on and have them weld the tips to the resonators just to play it safe.
They say you can bolt them on, but they are always loose. The other memeber that has them just welded them on. Probably best to do that. They had bolted by APR ones on, and I asked them to weld, so they threw a few tacks on to keep them in place. That’s probably what the shop will do.

How do they look? Any pics?

·
Registered
128 Posts
They say you can bolt them on, but they are always loose. The other memeber that has them just welded them on. Probably best to do that. They had bolted by APR ones on, and I asked them to weld, so they threw a few tacks on to keep them in place. That’s probably what the shop will do.

How do they look? Any pics?

I'll post a couple of pics on friday after I get them welding on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here's a couple of pics with the Pypes 4 1/2 inch tips. The pictures don't really do them justice because they're black tips on a black vehicle. I'm loving the hell out of them though!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just purchased the black 4 1/2 inch pypes off amazon. Was never a fan of the stock tips for the R/T. Didn't like how the they didn't fill the space on the bumper and the placement seemed too far back. Now just need to find an exhaust shop to install and weld when I receive the tips.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just purchased the black 4 1/2 inch pypes off amazon. Was never a fan of the stock tips for the R/T. Didn't like how the they didn't fill the space on the bumper and the placement seemed too far back. Now just need to find an exhaust shop to install and weld when I receive the tips.

Believe me you made a great choice!

As far as a shop welding them on, I myself paid $50

·
Registered
13 Posts

Thanks! I need to have the old ones cut off and add an adapter to go from 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 in. Did you have them installed set flush to the bumper or hang out a little bit?

·
Registered
128 Posts

Thanks! I need to have the old ones cut off and add an adapter to go from 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 in. Did you have them installed set flush to the bumper or hang out a little bit?

If you scroll back in this post you'll see four pictures that I took of the tips on the vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I read the thread, but I was kind of getting confused on what you had installed on your vehicle. Was it the Pypes brand?
No, I went with the Diamond Black Chrome APR tips. They were 4 inches wide. I was considering the Pypes since they were 4.5, but I ended up buying the APR ones because the glossy shine matched the black glossy wheels and logos well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No, I went with the Diamond Black Chrome APR tips. They were 4 inches wide. I was considering the Pypes since they were 4.5, but I ended up buying the APR ones because the glossy shine matched the black glossy wheels and logos well.
I like your set up. I'm considering doing the same thing with my R/T.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
8 Participants
BAD AZ R/T
Dodge Durango Forum
Welcome to the best Dodge Durango Forum around, where you can find a great Dodge Durango Wiki and discuss the reliability of the different trim levels including the GT and SRT!
Full Forum Listing