Dodge Durango Forum banner

Detailing your Durango , By Hand / or @ Car Wash ??

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bughousse 
#1 ·
Hey yall just read up on some stuff about detailing and all , Just curious to know how you people detail your Durango, whether it be in your Drive Way, using a power washer at a Self Car Wash, or going through a Automatic Car Wash. (Please also list any recommendations / Tips on what types of Wax/Brands you use , Soaps , Cloths, Accessories etc. This should be interesting. (post any pics if you want) Thanks!
Drive safe! and clean!

#2 ·
100% of the time by hand, I don't trust the quality of automated car washes. I always wash with Meguiars Gold Class, and a large wash mit..2 buckets, 1 for soap 1 for rinsing. In between washes I use Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer and a micro-fiber cloth.
Wax I've used regularly for the past few years is Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0, leaves a great finish and is very easy to apply/remove. Wax that lasts a bit longer and I also like is Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax. For any imperfections (scratches, swirls, etc...) I use a random orbital buffer with Meguiar's Ultra Cutting Compound (105), followed by Meguiar's Ultra Finishing Polish (205), and finished with a coat of wax. Glass cleaning, I've loved the outcome using Stoner's Invisible Glass.

#4 ·
It's one of the best car washes I have used, and I've used a LOT of different ones. Just from washing, the water beads up nicely and leaves a very clean finish with no residue. Unfortunately a lot of car detailing is trial and error, the result of combinations of products is hard to determine until they are actually used together and allowed to do what they need to do.

One important portion to remember when washing too, wash the car from the top down. This will ensure you don't pick up any dirt or stuck on debris from the lower half of the car, and transfer it to other areas. Wash the wheels last in this process basically for the same reason, but use a different wash mitt than you did for the rest of the car (brake dust and dirt is nasty).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.