Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered my DDSRT back on 2 March and it arrived about a week shy of five months after it was ordered. COVID-19 caused the delay, but in the end it was well worth the wait. I had the MOPAR lowering springs, Powerstop Z26 Ceramic Brake pads and Stow-N-Sho license plate holder up front installed prior to taking delivery. Next is full front PPF and Ceramic Coating. Here are a couple of quick photos after getting home from the dealership yesterday evening. EDIT: I added similar photos from today with the sun out so you can see the difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations on your new DDSRT.

Love that color combination.
Thanks! I really like it as well. It was funny, when I was picking it up yesterday there were several people checking it out and asking if the dealer had any for sale. They didn't have any DDSRTs on the lot so I think at least one person put in an order for one after seeing it. Its the stripes with the Destroyer Grey color that catches people's attention. I have not seen one like it anywhere in my area.

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
MD:
Congrats on the new D! I have always like the Destroyer Gray color. I would have zero trouble with that color on a Durango or Charger. The stripes are a nice addition also.
I am jealous..........................

Don

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MD:
Congrats on the new D! I have always like the Destroyer Gray color. I would have zero trouble with that color on a Durango or Charger. The stripes are a nice addition also.
I am jealous..........................

Don
Thanks Don Fox!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
WOW! Really nice man. Congrats.
I've been on the fence for a SRT Durango since talking to my neighbor about his Jeep SRT. He loves it but as a daily driver he said the gas mileage is offensive.
You also must use 91 or better fuel. It's such a killer SUV but you also gotta pay to play.
If I got one I would probably forget about all that and just smile each time I filled up knowing the next gas fill the time in between would be amazingly fun.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I bet a 1/4" Red pinstripe along the outside edge would really make those rally stripes pop with that Grey.

You can order 3M 1/4" pinstriping for about $20 and do it yourself in a couple hours.

Something like this:
SRT FRont copy.png

·
Registered
627 Posts
DAMN - that looks great !!! Enjoy !

Reactions: MDNavyVet and DBSRT

·
Registered
117 Posts
That wicked colour choice and those stripes just add to the overall uniqueness of the Durango SRT. Your ride looks put together like a well-made suit. Everything's coordinated. Well done, brother! I got your theme song ready:

·
Registered
117 Posts
You mentioned that you had the MOPAR suspension installed, MD. Do you see a noticeable difference in the stance?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I ordered my DDSRT back on 2 March and it arrived about a week shy of five months after it was ordered. COVID-19 caused the delay, but in the end it was well worth the wait. I had the MOPAR lowering springs, Powerstop Z26 Ceramic Brake pads and Stow-N-Sho license plate holder up front installed prior to taking delivery. Next is full front PPF and Ceramic Coating. Here are a couple of quick photos after getting home from the dealership yesterday evening.

View attachment 110898 View attachment 110899
In your face, Explorer STs.:cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You mentioned that you had the MOPAR suspension installed, MD. Do you see a noticeable difference in the stance?
Since I hadn't driven it before without the lowering springs installed I can't say that I notice any difference from before. The springs need about a week to settle and even then I won't be able to tell of a difference since I never drove it with out the new springs, it feels planted but not uncomfortably so.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That wicked colour choice and those stripes just add to the overall uniqueness of the Durango SRT. Your ride looks put together like a well-made suit. Everything's coordinated. Well done, brother! I got your theme song ready:
Thanks! It is a look that I like a lot.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts