Dodge Durango Forum banner

DDSRT held hostage at JNAP

5K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  wvhemis 
#1 ·
OK, this is now getting into the stupid phase... This week I am starting into the 5th month of my wait for a scheduled production date for my 2022 DDSRT. I have contacted my dealer, SRT customer support, and Dodge Cares. The response from everyone has been yep you are still in "D" waiting for your DD to be scheduled for production. At this point, I think it is the continued parts shortages that are keeping my DD from getting built. If I get kicked into the 23 model year I will consider canceling my order.

#2 ·
WVH:
I had heard that Durango production will be moving away from JNAP to another plant where the Jeep Wagoneers are being built. I understand the D is shifting to be able to share the JW platform for '23.

Don

Reactions: wvhemis
#4 ·
Actually, it will be the 24 Model year for the DD, The current platform will be built at JNAP through the first two quarters of 2023. Production will then shift to MACK Assembly where the new Jeeps are being built. After the two months shut down in March production of the WK Jeep Grand Cherokee ended at JNAP.

#11 ·
Modern times.

When My dad ordered his '69 Town and Country (a couple weeks before announcement), the dealer put in the order on an actual Teletype.

And the next day the dealer got a message on that same teletype saying that one item on the order (I forget what it was) would delay the order two months.

Would be nice to have that level of information with the amazing systems we have 50 years later /s

Reactions: wvhemis and CaptMoe
#12 · (Edited)
Modern times.

When My dad ordered his '69 Town and Country (a couple weeks before announcement), the dealer put in the order on an actual Teletype....
Ahhhhh... the ozone and oil smell of an ASR-33 Teletype. Brings back memories.

#19 ·
Another boomer memory: At least you didn't have signs of Acid Rain on it. :unsure:

#18 ·
Got our new DD RT+ pretty much on the schedule our dealer told us in March, assembled on a Tuesday mid June, delivered to the dealer around July 7th, really like the 8 speed tranny, adaptive cruise is handy going thru highway construction zones, skipping the steering wheel jerk too near white lines for now, no OEM splash guards, but found some made for the vehicle on ‘ZL1 addons’.

#22 ·
So I just received the latest Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine and open it up to find this ad.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Mind you, I have been receiving this subscription for years, and this is the first time Dodge placed an ad in the magazine for a Durango (that I can remember).

I find it interesting that the Dodge Marketing Department forked out cash on a 2-page ad when you can’t even obtain one. Maybe ad space is bought and committed many months in advance?

#23 ·
So I just received the latest Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine and open it up to find this ad. View attachment 122395
View attachment 122394

Mind you, I have been receiving this subscription for years, and this is the first time Dodge placed an ad in the magazine for a Durango (that I can remember).

I find it interesting that the Dodge Marketing Department forked out cash on a 2-page ad when you can’t even obtain one. Maybe ad space is bought and committed many months in advance?
The ad is for an SRT. You can still order them.
Unless I missed something.

#24 ·
So, you won't be happy with me but...my 22 DD RT was stolen in a shopping mall in March. I called my insurance company and then my dealer. He said that they will look around and try to find one. Ya right. A week went by and nothing from them. I called another dealer and they said that they had a DD RT plus with Tow n GO on their lot. Exactly what I wanted and more. So I drive 5 hours to the dealer and picked it up. The moral of the story is that if you want something so bad, get get it yourself! In other words, try all dealers around you to see if they have it on their lot, then go get it.
Christopher

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.