Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Durango SRT
22 Posts
i used run those on my touareg in a 305, loved them.
Do you find the DSW tires a bit soft in the sidewalls? I'm concerned they won't corner as flat or well as stiffer brands. I'm looking for your opinion as I push hard in the corners on twisty roads. Hard enough to break the rear factory tires loose every so often.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you find the DSW tires a bit soft in the sidewalls? I'm concerned they won't corner as flat or well as stiffer brands. I'm looking for your opinion as I push hard in the corners on twisty roads. Hard enough to break the rear factory tires loose every so often.
Thanks for your input.
The sidewall composition of stiffer run flats probably hurts your handling when driving at max attack. Sidewall deflection under cornering load improves your contact patch and offers far more compliance…

Continental makes great performance tires and the DSWs are no exception, but you will eventually reach a point where you are traction limited with any 3 season tire when trying to put down 475hp on a 5k lb+ flying brick.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Durango SRT
22 Posts
Thanks for the response. Makes good sense.
I got a laugh out of the 5000lb brick comment. Before the SRT I Eforce supercharged my 2010 Expedition for 550HP. The custom tuner (Mustang and Corvette guy) said this isn't as fast as I thought it would be off the line. However going from 45 to 120 was insanely quick as he laughed and commented saying this is one fast 6000LB brick. I did add better brakes immediately.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks for your input.
Good question as it has been a few years (buyback), granted a heavy pig too, not much hp but a lot of torque (tdi + tuned). I feel with the pzero summers run flats on the hellcat are soft on corners but then again, i'm in flat south florida with no inspiring roads to really get a feel what I can push.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The sidewall composition of stiffer run flats probably hurts your handling when driving at max attack. Sidewall deflection under cornering load improves your contact patch and offers far more compliance…

Continental makes great performance tires and the DSWs are no exception, but you will eventually reach a point where you are traction limited with any 3 season tire when trying to put down 475hp on a 5k lb+ flying brick.
475? :confused:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts