Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get any traction with these stock tires and looking to upgrade. I don't want a drag radial that only last 3 mo or whatever but wanting something that grips better than stock but also last for awhile. What are you guys going with and how do you like them?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Once my runflats are done I will peruse the tirerack site and choose a max performance tire,,the size is the limiting factor.Funny thing is I had 3 years with my SRT and just kept reloading on the oem tire...kinda a waste of $ imo..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Grippier tires won’t have as much tread and will have a softer compound. With that said, I’ve never liked the stock Pirellis Dodge runs on their Hellcats. I personally love Toyo tires, and if I can get them in the size I need I always run with them. The Proxes line is a helluva performance tire, but is softer and will wear quick. Honestly, almost anything seems to perform better than the stock Pirellis.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't get any traction with these stock tires and looking to upgrade. I don't want a drag radial that only last 3 mo or whatever but wanting something that grips better than stock but also last for awhile. What are you guys going with and how do you like them?
We’ve been running Nitto NT555 G2’s for about 6,000 miles. They’re wearing very well and the traction is much better. They also look more aggressive and take the bulbous look from the sidewall. All in all very happy.

Nitto doesn’t make the exact replacement size so we chose 295/40ZR20’s. They are the same with but 1.2” shorter. This lowers the stance about a half inch and of course has an effect on the final drive ratio (about a 3.90:1 axle ratio) which in my opinion is a bonus! The speedometer is also about 2 mph off at 60mph (reads 60 mph but really doing 58). This could be a benefit for speeding tickets :). Downside of course is that it’s racking more mileage. It’s about 3% more so in the 6000 miles we’ve driven that’s about 180 more miles showing than we’ve actually traveled. I can live with all of that as the look and performance gains more than offset it.

Here’s some pics:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake

·
Registered
14 Posts
At first it was pretty obvious. Within a few days that went away. The lower stance with a flat sidewall helps with a more aggressive look so overall, it’s a win.

It can’t be too obvious because my wife who drives the car daily still doesn’t know that I swapped the tires! She’s not really a “car gal” on those levels but has no problem stretching the legs when provoked.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Michelin AS 3+ are discontinued in our size…

I am running the Continental DSW06 plus and they are pretty phenomenal in both dry and wet conditions. Come with a 50k treadwear warranty as well.
i used run those on my touareg in a 305, loved them.

·
Premium Member
2021 Durango SRT Hellcat (White Knuckle w/ Blk Demonic Red Interior
48 Posts
I am planning to run the OEM All Seasons till next Spring. Then have a proper performance tire, and a dedicated winter tire moving forward.

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT 392
26 Posts
I have a 21 Durango SRT 392 and can’t understand how you don’t have traction!!!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I just got Yokohama Parada spec-x 295/45 R20 and they are awesome. so much better, quieter, softer, and stick way better. and only $177 each.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

1 - 20 of 26 Posts