Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hellcat engines are pretty much broken in at the factory. You’re just breaking in the drive line. I’ve always driven my new cars easy with no hard acceleration, various speeds, and no attempts at breaking top speed records for the first thousand miles. Change the oil and then drive it as you wish.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Pretty much broken in from factory. Some will tell you drive it like you stole it to seal the rings. Others keep it under 55mph or 2500 rpm for first 500 mi and incremental increase. Who knows. Don’t worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They say engine is broken in from factory But also remember there are other driveline parts that are probably new as well.
Me personally I could not keep from doing some hits, those who can follow the break in are way better than me.
I don't know where you guys are coming up with this info.
You quoted a Car & Driver that said each HC is run on a dyno for break-in but no where does it say that eliminates the break-in period.
Especially when it's clearly stated in the manual, which is published by the manufacturer, that the vehicle has a 500 mile break-in period, that's what should be adhered to.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You quoted a Car & Driver that said each HC is run on a dyno for break-in but no where does it say that eliminates the break-in period.
Especially when it's clearly stated in the manual, which is published by the manufacturer, that the vehicle has a 500 mile break-in period, that's what should be adhered to.
Aye aye capn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Break-in period is more so for the driveline. Hellcat Engines supposedly are broken in at the factory. Stick with the break in recommendation from the manual and you’ll be fine.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The difference in feel for me going from the 392 to the HC is like how I felt test driving the GT+ and going to the 392....very much more dilithium...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts