Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another day and another problem. Recently picked up a used 2014 DD and I saw a message "Service Keyless System" on my way home. I had planned to take it to the dealer on Tuesday, but I go to get in it today and it won't even start or attempt to start??? It shows the "Service Keyless System" message and "Ignition or Accessory On" but the ignition is not on? Foot it on brake, key fob has good life, key fob even against the Push to Start button and nothing.

What should I do or can I do short of getting it yanked on a wrecker and hauled to the dealer?

Thanks

20160702_200009.jpg 20160702_200100.jpg

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It acts like I have somehow got it locked down like theft mode? If I try and lock the doors from the lock on the inside door and close the door it honks 3 times then unlocks. I can only lock it with the key fob???

·
Registered
149 Posts
Try pushing the start button with the bottom of the key fob (the rounded end). That is an alternative start method when the fob battery dies but may work in this case.

·
Super Moderator
12,980 Posts
It acts like I have somehow got it locked down like theft mode? If I try and lock the doors from the lock on the inside door and close the door it honks 3 times then unlocks. I can only lock it with the key fob???
I *think* that means it thinks the fob is still in the vehicle

If one of the vehicle’s Passive Entry RKE
transmitters is detected inside the vehicle, and no other
valid Passive Entry RKE transmitters are detected outside
the vehicle, the Passive Entry System automatically
unlocks all vehicle doors and chirps the horn three times
(on the third attempt ALL doors will lock and the Passive
Entry RKE transmitter can be locked in the vehicle).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No fob in the vehicle and I left fob in house and tried to start and it said "Key Fob Not Detected". Tried to lock again same thing

·
Registered
231 Posts
Did you ever figure out how to fix this issue? My 14 dd is doing the same thing.
Hi ddowling,
We sincerely regret to hear of the trouble you are experiencing. We kindly recommend following up with your local dealer on this if you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions provided here.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts