Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This probably shouldn't bother me so much, but I can't stand when one of the DRL's shut off when that sides blinker is on. Does that bother anyone else? I'm sure it's probably so the blinker can be seen better, but I have to believe there's a way to override this.

·
Registered
529 Posts
there's a video in a thread someplace about LED blinker bulbs where someone got them to stay on. Bur there wasn't an explanation when asked.

I'm with nemesis04 on this though- from where i'm sitting there's no difference. ;-)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just think it looks silly. It drives me nuts when I can see it in a reflection. Oh well, safety first.

·
Super Moderator
12,739 Posts
on my GC I drive with the parking lights on, which leaves the DRL on at half brightness when the turn signal is on. YMMV.

'tis the law - FMVSS 108:
S5.5.11(a) Any pair of lamps on the front of a passenger car, multipurpose passenger vehicle, truck, or bus, whether or not required by this standard, other than parking lamps or fog lamps, may be wired to be automatically activated, as determined by the manufacturer of the vehicle, in a steady burning state as daytime running lamps (DRLs) and to be automatically deactivated when the headlamp control is in any “on” position, and as otherwise determined by the manufacturer of the vehicle, provided that each such lamp:

[blah blah blah]

(4) If not optically combined with a turn signal lamp, is located so that the distance from its lighted edge to the optical center of the nearest turn signal lamp is not less than 100 mm, unless:
(i) The luminous intensity of the DRL is not more than 2,600 candela at any location in the beam and the turn signal meets the requirements of S5.3.1.7; or
(ii) (For a passenger car, multipurpose passenger vehicle, truck, or bus that is manufactured before October 1, 1995, and which uses an upper beam headlamp as a DRL as specified in paragraph S5.5.11(a)(1)(ii)) the luminous intensity of the DRL is greater than 2,600 candela at any location in the beam and the turn signal lamp meets the requirements of S5.3.1.7; or
(iii) The DRL is optically combined with a lower beam headlamp and the turn signal lamp meets the requirements of S5.3.1.7; or
(iv) The DRL is deactivated when the turn signal or hazard warning signal lamp is activated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
it bothers me..dodge has been doing it for awhile.
when i see my reflection or see someone elses lights like this...it makes it look like you have a light out

·
Registered
598 Posts
Audi's do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lots of cars and trucks have the led DRL's and it has always bothered me when I see theirs go off. It does just look like a light is out or like there's a glitch. I shut off the DRL's entirely for a while because of this, but choose to put them back on and ignore it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had a woman come up to me in a supermarket to tell me she thought my lights were miswired because it went off when I signaled in the parking lot to turn down an aisle. I don't like it to the point I use the 3 blink option (I like that feature) to signal most of the time when in a turning lane. I just signal when the light turns green.

Marty

·
Registered
2 Posts
This probably shouldn't bother me so much, but I can't stand when one of the DRL's shut off when that sides blinker is on. Does that bother anyone else? I'm sure it's probably so the blinker can be seen better, but I have to believe there's a way to override this.

I know this post is old but the solution to your problem is in the settings of your Uconnect system in your durango. Go to the settings app, select lights, then uncheck the box that shows daytime running lights. Now you can use the knob located to the left of your steering wheel to turn on the LED daytime running lights without the light turning off when you use your blinker. Just remember to turn the lights off when you turn off your durango.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know this post is old but the solution to your problem is in the settings of your Uconnect system in your durango. Go to the settings app, select lights, then uncheck the box that shows daytime running lights. Now you can use the knob located to the left of your steering wheel to turn on the LED daytime running lights without the light turning off when you use your blinker. Just remember to turn the lights off when you turn off your durango.

Hope this helps
Having to manually turn your DRL’s on
each time isn’t really a solution but interesting idea. To me though that’s more of a pain in the ass than just dealing with them turning off. Would have been cool if Dodge made the DRL’s change to amber when signaling and then back to white.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts