Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Durango
308 Posts
you will have to be careful of the airbags so disconnecting the battery should be done as well...i would either argue with the dealership and talk with the general manager or call FCA and deal with the district manager. you won't be able to use the links but all those are pretty straight forward.

I'm a technician

·
Premium Member
2021 Tow-N-go white knuckle blacktop
49 Posts
I removed the dash assembly in a 2009 Jeep Liberty twice and the top shell (what you see) is completely tied into the chassis of the dash. That is a base model no frills still kinda analog truck and on the 2nd time I gave up and pulled out the Sawzall. The overall fit and finish on the 'rango, and all the electronics associated with it.... and the pictures LT. Raven provided would definitely make me say do not try it.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Durango
308 Posts
it's actually quite easy...its just a shell now on top of a subframe, i can have one of these out in about an hour.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Durango
308 Posts
not entirely...just gotta remove a few bolts holding it up and just let it sit on the seat

·
Registered
Billet Silver Metallic 2014 R/T RWD
116 Posts
The dealer had to pull mine to replace the HVAC core or whatever it is totally buried in the dash. It was under warranty otherwise it would have been $1600+. Oh and now I have 2 rattles which to me sound like a wiring harness lightly bumping on something when I hit bumps. But at least that AC works now and isn't leaking anymore.....
Dealer just removed my dash to replace the a/c evaporator and I too now have a new rattle. Glad the evaporator is good to go, but that new rattle sure does suck :cautious:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone had any reason to remove the complete dash on a 2021 durango? When I bought mine, there was a puncture on top of the dash. The dealer "repaired" it and I accepted it as is. Unfortunately, I'm not happy with the repair and it stands out. I want to swap the dash to the premium leather dash. I'm curious how hard the install will be. Anyone with experience in replacing a complete dash?
I'll bet it's similar to how you replace a 300 dash? The 300 leather dash is ~ $2,000 plus labor. MANY complaints about the leather shrinking and pulling away from the edges. I don't like the material my 300 dash and door panels are made of, a dash mat works great. 2¢

·
Registered
38 Posts
Has anyone had any reason to remove the complete dash on a 2021 durango? When I bought mine, there was a puncture on top of the dash. The dealer "repaired" it and I accepted it as is. Unfortunately, I'm not happy with the repair and it stands out. I want to swap the dash to the premium leather dash. I'm curious how hard the install will be. Anyone with experience in replacing a complete dash?
That vehicle's technically still under warranty and you still have the right to have it replaced if it's not as good as it came out of the factory.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Durango
308 Posts
I too would suggest you go back and talk with the service manager or the general manager...you're not happy with the results..if they still wont replace the dash contact corporate

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello ,
My brother works at the assembly plant in Detroit Michigan that produces the keep grand Cherokee and the Durango the dash boards come all assembled from the vender so it’s not as easy to disassemble as everyone on this site suggests. It’s a 2021 call FCA AND complain they will find out who built you particular dash and make things right. To pay the mon you did for that vehicle you shouldn’t have to touch it it as only oil changes. The dealer should take care of it . Besides that it you get a rattle after YOU TOUCH IT or anything else they will blame it on you and void warranty. My brother said look through the paperwork snd find the customer servive number directly to FCA and let the bitching begin. Also go to Yelp and rate your dealership dealerships hate Yelp and it’s very efficient way to get things done
Hemidurango4X4

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hello ,
My brother works at the assembly plant in Detroit Michigan that produces the keep grand Cherokee and the Durango the dash boards come all assembled from the vender so it’s not as easy to disassemble as everyone on this site suggests. It’s a 2021 call FCA AND complain they will find out who built you particular dash and make things right. To pay the mon you did for that vehicle you shouldn’t have to touch it it as only oil changes. The dealer should take care of it . Besides that it you get a rattle after YOU TOUCH IT or anything else they will blame it on you and void warranty. My brother said look through the paperwork snd find the customer servive number directly to FCA and let the bitching begin. Also go to Yelp and rate your dealership dealerships hate Yelp and it’s very efficient way to get things done
Hemidurango4X4
I will talk to the dealership. They were good to me. However, its somewhat my issue as well for not letting them fix it and I had someone else do the repair and the dealer paid me for it. I dont personally think its a warranty issue as I chose to take the money and get it "fixed" myself. Who knows though. I will talk to them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just found out my 21 rt Durango has dash top issues. Had truck for 7 months. Not looking forward going to dealer and getting the runaround

·
Premium Member
2021 Tow-N-go white knuckle blacktop
49 Posts
That sux man....and mines in driveway and I keep looking at it because its this huge flat piece of plastic just baking in the sun....so sorry for you. And you used the windshield sun visor too....now I'm afraid cause I only have had it for 4 months so far.. . Hope you get it resolved bud.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts