Dodge Durango Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Here are a couple pics of my install
STEVE
Looks nice Steve. Much harder than Velcro, but that thing isn't going anywhere! Also, I like your modified signature line. Nice nod to the F&F movie series, and fits our Forum's tone. Some others are pretty dead compared to this one, and I especially appreciate the positive tone you and the other moderators make sure is maintained here. My 17 year old son is in a Mazda group that is the same way. Thank you.
Stuart

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well I got around to installing this dead pedal today. Took over an hour...and I still can't get one screw placed correctly.

Its solid and isn't going anywhere...but I can't get the top right screw in place. I just can't get it to match up...sooo close. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Very good quality and it looks great. I'll get a pic tomorrow.

Wanted to get this done...leaving on a 5500 mile round trip out west in 2 weeks!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Well I got around to installing this dead pedal today. Took over an hour...and I still can't get one screw placed correctly.

Its solid and isn't going anywhere...but I can't get the top right screw in place. I just can't get it to match up...sooo close. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Very good quality and it looks great. I'll get a pic tomorrow.

Wanted to get this done...leaving on a 5500 mile round trip out west in 2 weeks!!!
Unxpctd, have a great trip! Weird about the last screw, as it should be the easiest one. Maybe try a longer one, so it's easier to see if your angle is off? I ended up buying my own screws, as I was too impatient to wait for the others. I used 14mm long ones, and was able to do it in 30 minutes. I think that was the difference, as I could see my angles better, and get my finger I between the back of the carpet and the backing plate as I was inserting screws. Anyone having trouble may want to consider that. I've had mine in since the day after they were delivered, and really like it. Vacuumed today and was glad not to have that area of carpet all ground in from my foot. Safe trip.
STUART

·
Registered
542 Posts
Finally got the last screw to take and its fully installed now.

I ended up ditching the small allen wrench that came with the kit (works good just had issues with the last screw).

I used a small mini screwdriver set I've had awhile (off of Amazon for like $10). Worked much better.

Thanks again for setting up the group buy and all the work that went into it. The quality of the dead pedal is great.

I'm going to have a busy week but will get a pic posted next week after I start my vacation. I'll snap one while I'm snapping photos at 10 National Parks :)

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
I found it easier to use a T handle Allen Key
STEVE

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I found it easier to use a T handle Allen Key
STEVE
Steve and Unxpctd, good advice in the install tools. I used a screwdriver style Allen key as well. Forgot to mention on the how to. STUART

·
Registered
504 Posts
The Ebay price has dropped to $50 shipped. Just ordered mine.

·
Registered
551 Posts
i have husky weatherbeater mats so i guess this mod is a no-go for me ? it would just be covered up, what a shame.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
some have cut the mat in that area
steve

·
Registered
551 Posts
I guess I'd hate to do that, those mats were expensive. I think it will look good with just the 3 pedal covers. Ive gotten the gas and brake on, it wasnt easy. For the brake i started at the bottom and worked up, then used a screwsdriver to pry over the top lip. The go pedal was easier, start at the bottom and clip 2 on with the cover slide about 3/4 way off the pedal down (have to remove mat for this). Then slid up keeping tab engaged on the outboard side. Got it to click on looks nice, like everyone on here. Will tackle the e-brake cover when it gets here - any tips appreciated !!!!!

121 - 130 of 130 Posts