Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
OK GUYS, HERE ARE PICTURES OF THE ACTUAL FINISHED PEDAL. I apologize in advance if I am not supposed to post in multiple places, but want everyone to have a shot at this if they want it. I was in contact with him directly, and he is willing to do a direct buy for us, for a limited time, with expedited shipping, which I will facilitate. He will send them all to me from Australia via an express courier in one big box, once we have a total. I will then package them into padded flat rate US mail envelopes and send them on to you guys. Anyone who wants one via this group buy will need to go to his company website, bustanut.com.au, starting TODAY. The group buy window will END on FRIDAY the 17th at 9pm PST.

When you go to his site to order, you will pay right at the time, just like any other purchase, via a secure payment portal. For the group buy, that cost will be a total of $48 US, which INCLUDES the flat rate shipping I will be doing for him. He will then reimburse me for shipping once I get the big box and forward each pedal on, which I will do within a day or two after receiving it. That keeps the costs down for all of us, compared to shipping each one from Australia, and we will get them MUCH sooner.

So, starting THIS Sunday, go to bustanut.com.au and find the Dodge Durango Truck Dead Pedal for sale. Complete your transaction no later than Sunday the 19th at 9pm PST. Everyone who signs up by that date should expect to receive their pedal by the 29th, give or take a day.

It's taken a while guys, but it looks fantastic in my opinion. He says this method of attachment has been used very successfully on several other pedals. Anyone who has any doubts about this being secure enough can simply replace his backing plat machine screws with your own stainless sheet metal screws and go directly into the floor if you want. I'm using the backing plate myself. Looking forward to getting these in soon. It's taken a few weeks, but the results are an excellent match to our Mopar Bright Pedals. Yes, these are a little more expensive than the generic ones you can find on eBay. It's custom made for our vehicle, and involves a separate threaded back plate in machine screws. He even changed vendors for the metal part because he wasn't happy with the overall quality of the first mock up, which I thought looked good. It's a quality piece, and still under the $50 estimated at the beginning, even with the extra parts.

Later, they will then be up for sale on eBay for $7-8 dollars more. Plus, that price includes the "slow boat" shipping, which takes a month or more from Australia.

Thanks everyone, STUART

av67bs.jpg s6i2y0.jpg

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
DEADLINE MOVED UP TO FRIDAY APRIL 17th.

Ok, just got an updated email from the guy. He has ALREADY loaded it on his site, and is ready to go, so let's back up the deadline and get this thing going NOW. Group buy deadline is now APRIL 17th. I had originally said the 19th, but he already has it up on his website. That still gives you all a week to decide and get it ordered. We've waited long enough, and some of us (cough cough STEVE) are a bit impatient to get this installed. Here is the direct link to the page. He has set this specific page in US dollars. Later, on eBay, it will be in Aussie dollars, be higher priced, and take a long time to get here, so get this done if you are interested. He has 30 ready to go now, after that, will take a bit to get more made. Here is the link and instructions from Len. Use the coupon code DURANGO15 to get the special group buy price. The link for the part is http://www.bustanut.com.au/shop/dodg...ngo-dead-pedal

Best, Stuart

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just so I follow, the backing plate clamps the pedal to the carpet? Also, the link doesn't seem to work....(but it could be content filters at work)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just so I follow, the backing plate clamps the pedal to the carpet? Also, the link doesn't seem to work....(but it could be content filters at work)
The back plate goes behind the carpet...you have to drill holes through the carpet. I see how he's going to have us do it...and its not that bad! Pretty ingenious actually.

I'm only worried I have to pay by PayPal...

Also...says SOLD OUT for the Durango Dead Pedal. Says I can't add to cart....any ideas?

I'm in by the way!

·
Super Moderator
2,284 Posts
Moving this to the group buy forum and deleting the dupe thread on the 2011-13 forum. Also made this thread a sticky. Thanks for putting this together!

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Motor I pmd you
lmk

·
Registered
351 Posts
I went to the link and it is dead. then I o to the actual site and it says that it is SOLD OUT and the price is 55 bucks.

is their a secret hand shake or knock that I am not aware of?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moving this to the group buy forum and deleting the dupe thread on the 2011-13 forum. Also made this thread a sticky. Thanks for putting this together!
Thanks Boomer. Wasn't sure how to do it, but wanted the info out ASAP. I knew you or Steve would figure out how to sort out any mess I made. Thanks again. Stuart

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to the link and it is dead. then I o to the actual site and it says that it is SOLD OUT and the price is 55 bucks.

Sorry Tony, he forgot to populate the "in stock" number to the 30 he has ready to go. It should work just fine now. Try again. Some have already been successful since he fixed it.
Best, Stuart

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THe link works fine now. He forgot to populate the "stock available" number. Try again. As far as attachment, the dead pedal goes on top of the carpet, the backing plate behind, and the carpet is sandwiched between by putting the machine screws through small holes you make in the carpet. It will be VERY secure this way. Not hard to do. Stuart

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The back plate goes behind the carpet...you have to drill holes through the carpet. I see how he's going to have us do it...and its not that bad! Pretty ingenious actually.

I'm only worried I have to pay by PayPal...

Also...says SOLD OUT for the Durango Dead Pedal. Says I can't add to cart....any ideas?

I'm in by the way!
Try the link again Unxpctd. It will work now. He forgot to populate the "in stock" number. It's been fixed. Several people have already successfully ordered via the site now. Stuart

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Love it!!! Only depends on the dexterity of the carpet to not unweave. Thinkin' about anchoring backing plate to wheel well with double sided tape or Velcro.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your work email server may not like that the site is out of the US, or they may not like his "suggestive name". I guess Bustanut sounds dirty to people who have never spent time in the garage trying to break loose a rusty nut... You may need to try it again at home or on your phone. Stuart

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Love it!!! Only depends on the dexterity of the carpet to not unweave. Thinkin' about anchoring backing plate to wheel well with double sided tape or Velcro.
Fineline, may I suggest heating up a nail held in a vise grip and poking it through? That will create the hole, and sear off the loose nylon, like you do when you cut off a piece of nylon rope and heat it with a lighter. I certainly don't want to see my carpet winding up on an aggressive drill bit either. Not sure if running it backwards would help, but it might. I'm going to use the heated nail myself. Attaching the backing plate to the floor is a good idea if you are concerned at all about movement of the carpet after install. It would be easy to add.
Best, Stuart

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boomer, can you correct the thread title to show the deadline as Friday the 17th? I couldn't figure out how to do it. The main title in RED still says Sunday, even though I changed it in the actual post heading. Thanks.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
I can do it...LOL
STEVE

·
Super Moderator
2,284 Posts
Boomer, can you correct the thread title to show the deadline as Friday the 17th? I couldn't figure out how to do it. The main title in RED still says Sunday, even though I changed it in the actual post heading. Thanks.
Done!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The site works fine now. Remember to put in the Coupon code DURANGO15 to get the special price. The $55 is what it will eventually sell for on eBay, and will include super slow shipping of about a month from Australia. We're getting it for less and much faster. I don't think he's even going to make it available on eBay until we are done with this group buy. Stuart

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EVERYONE, please remember to read my SECOND post on this thread. It has the direct link to the specific page. Also, the price will show as the regular price of $55, with slow shipping, unless you put in the coupon code DURANGO15.
Best, Stuart

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Stuart I emailed you again please contact him and let him know I was in Group buy
I dont care about $55 as long as I dont wait for it too long
STEVE

1 - 20 of 130 Posts