Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed some Husky Liner Mud Guards on the SXT today. They look good, and they are sure to keep down the amount of salt/stones/debris kicked up on the sides. But I'll have to watch out for big potholes, because the fronts are only ~4" from the road surface!

While I was under the front wheel well, I noticed a little ball joint on the upper control arm. I assume it is for some stability package that gets put on higher packages, but it just got my curiosity going.

I searched around a bit on the forum, and some parts sites to see if I could find it in an exploded view, no luck.

What's this for?

Automotive tire Tire Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I’ve a rod connected to the ball socket, I’m guessing you’re right about stability

·
Registered
421 Posts
The ball is on both sides but there's only a sensor hooked up on the passenger side of the Durango. Maybe other Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler variants that use the same upper control arm have the sensor on the opposite side. Just my guess as to why there's a ball on both control arms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, from what I'm finding from here and some Jeep forums, the same sensors were used for leveling while towing, headlight and/or stability.

Either way, I don't have it. I just like figuring out what un-used things like fittings and connectors are for. It's like solving a mini-mystery, LOL. It also gets my brain thinking about what I could do with that, aftermarket-wise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts