Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the community, and stumped.I have an 06 Durango 5.7L hemi.Bought it as a basket case with codes for crank sensor and cam sensor present.Changed both, and codes would not clear, however had no starting or driveabilty issues.Occasionally, it would start out in 3rd gear, and would stay in 3rd gear, and not shift at all.I'd pull over shut it off and restart the engine, and usually, it would shift normally kick down etc.Then it started throwing codes for shift solenoids.One morning I came out and truck was a crank, with no start.Fuel pump can be heard running, and every revolution or two, it would fire on 1 cylinder, just a single pop.I pulled the PCM, and ordered one online, and it came preprogrammed with my vin and allegedly is plug and play.Turned the key to the on position to relearn the key and it started cranking in the "on" position.Now every time it is in the on position it cranks, with no start, and no cranking timeout.Removed the start/run relay, and swapped it for an identical relay; same story; starts cranking in the on position.Im wondering if the TIPM, has a role in the cranking circuit, and if this could have been the cause of all the grief from the start.Has anyone run across one, that cranks, in the "on" position , and does anyone, have any ideas about my no start ,with fuel pump running.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you mean the TIPM, on the front of the fuse block?
The metal computer module looking thing that is connected on the front of the TIPM. The TIPM is the fuse/relay box with some integrated circuits, the FCM ( front control module ) is bolted to the front of it.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Skrapperz:
Welcome to DDN. Hopefully the replacement sensors are oem. Dodge vehicles are known for being picky when it comes to sensors. Have you had the battery load tested? If not, do that, and replace it if it comes back less than 100%.

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts