Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CORSA EXHAUST LOGO for white BKGD.jpg

941508_10152112652342065_260904657_n.jpg

Have a newly installed Corsa exhaust or Volant intake for your 5.7L Durango? Please share your pics and videos here!

16157_in.jpg

3.jpg

This thread is meant for enjoying pics, videos and experiences you have had with your exhaust and/or intakes :p The other threads are too giant now lol :shock:

Thank again for your support, patience and being such a great group to work with!!​

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
I thought the bark at 1:16 was going to be him walking up the neighbors dog!

·
Registered
314 Posts
They are too busy enjoying their mods!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just installed my Volant intake kit with PowerCore - had no idea how much it would change the tone! I'll post some pics as soon as it stop raining.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just installed my Volant intake kit with PowerCore - had no idea how much it would change the tone! I'll post some pics as soon as it stop raining.
Installed mine today too. Raining here too. First reaction on driving it was a wide grin on my face. THAT would have been the best picture (well, maybe not)

swampy

·
Registered
218 Posts
Rain finally reduced to shower. Popped the hood for a quick pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ok - sun finally came out today. Good time to brush up and take a proper photo...

Install only took about 30 minutes. The hardest part was modifying the bracket that came with the kit. The part of the bracket that bolts to the steering fluid reservoir is too long. Otherwise, the rest of install was pretty straight forward.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Looks Great Nice job
STEVE

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok - sun finally came out today. Good time to brush up and take a proper photo...

Install only took about 30 minutes. The hardest part was modifying the bracket that came with the kit. The part of the bracket that bolts to the steering fluid reservoir is too long. Otherwise, the rest of install was pretty straight forward.

Great feedback and pics, thank you!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Corsa Exhaust with painted mufflers installed

Hey everybody,

Santa was very kind to the Durango this year. We received the Corsa cat-back exhaust, a Mopar CAI, a Fastman throttle body and the Intune Tuner from Hemifever. Prior to ordering the exhaust system my wife and I checked out the system that Karen (kpeterha) had installed on her 2011 R/T. Needless to say we were very impressed. However, my wife did not care for the look of the stainless steel mufflers, especially if we installed it on our Crystal Granite Metallic Durango. Therefore, I decided to paint the mufflers with VHT Flameproof matte black spray paint. I verified with Sean from Corsa that painting the mufflers would not void the system's warranty and got busy. I masked off the tips and rest of the pipe on the mufflers with blue painter's tape and hung the mufflers from my garage door track. I then primed the mufflers using the VHT Flameproof matte white primer.

muffler painting.jpg muffler painting 2.jpg

After spraying three coats of the primer, I sprayed three coats of the matte black. All coats were applied within an hour per the directions. I allowed the mufflers to dry for 3 hours and then baked/cured them on my gas grill. I was not able to get the grill exactly to the temps listed in the instructions, so I used three incremental temps (1/2 of each burners setting, 3/4 burner, and full open on the burners) to try to mimic the temperatures listed in the instructions.

painted muffler 2.jpg

Unfortunately, after the first heat cycle I picked up the muffler by the hanger and found out that the paint burnt off onto my oven mitt leaving a fabric pattern in the paint.

muffler burn.jpg

However, it was not seen after install. Additionally, when I placed the mufflers on the ground to cool while I baked the other one it apparently scratched the paint pretty good. Again, not really visible from behind.

muffler scratch.jpg

After the paint was cured my wife and I, with some help of friends, installed the system on the lift on base. It took about 4 hours. It is AWESOME! Below you will find a few pictures of the installed system. My wife and I really like how the mufflers blend in now and how the tips fill in the rear valence.

Corsa exhaust tips.jpg Corsa tip.jpg

I also stopped by Karen's house to show off the system and other goodies and snapped some comparison pictures. So far, except for the user errors mentioned above, the paint has held up. For areas like the North or Northeast I might suggest the Rustoleum high temp paint since it might hold up better to inclement weather, but the VHT was in stock at my local NAPA. My research said the two are pretty equivalent.

corsa muffler comparison.jpg Corsa system black mufflers.jpg corsa system chrome mufflers.jpg

I will keep you all updated with how the paint holds out. Overall we are super stoked with the new exhaust and the other mods. We have already had a few compliments on the exhaust. If you are on the fence, you will not regret your decision!

Matt

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Nice Job
STEVE

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 29 Posts