Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,272 Posts
No, you can't. That is proprietary to dealers only.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ahh, gotcha. I hear that quite often. Sucks you guys have to deal with that. They make it pretty tough here for DIY'ers - you have to really DIG on the internet to find shreds of info. Took me YEARS to figure things out just by being doggedly persistent.

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
499 Posts
What needs to be calibrated? Alfaobd has some active diagnostics and can do a actuator calibration...have not looked for the cooldown test though.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

But for AC charge with 1234yf you can use these charts. Although now I don't recall if the charts were for 1234yf or r134...but the chilton link is where I got the table from. But pretty sure it is 1234yf as I think 2013 was last year for 134.

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
I have one more question for you. Can I buy Chrysler's StarSCAN software? My ACC needs to be calibrated and no workshop can do it for me.
Do you have a Dodge dealer near you? If so take it to them it is not a hard procedure at all just a little time consuming.
Should charge you an hour or so of labor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey,

I have a problem with my 2012 Durango. The error has come up twice so far. When I turn the engine off, the expansion tank boils. I have no errors in the control unit. Fuses are good. My fan won't spin when the engine is off after driving.Is that normal?

Thank you for your help and time

Greetings from Germany
Get a coolant mixture gauge-- you may have too much water in the coolant. Water boils at a lower temp than coolant. Other than that, a radiator cap is pretty inexpensive. If those two things don't fix it, I would go with the thermostat next.

·
Registered
Dodge Durango 2012 Citadel
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey

so my coolant is still boiling over I think the new cap is not good. I will now order original Mopar again.

Because of the AlfaOBD the problem was I only had the demo. I have now bought the full version. I get the message that the parameters should differ and I cannot start the calibration. I will adjust vertical again

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
499 Posts
Hey

so my coolant is still boiling over I think the new cap is not good. I will now order original Mopar again.

Because of the AlfaOBD the problem was I only had the demo. I have now bought the full version. I get the message that the parameters should differ and I cannot start the calibration. I will adjust vertical again
Yeah the demo only lets you read codes, ECU status and configuration as active diagnostics is turned off. BTW depending on which obd interface you have you might have to use an obd adapter cable if you need to access the medium speed bus. OBDlink MX and MX+ are the only interfaces that do this automatically. Alfa will give a warning of this but only if it needs to access the other bus...like when accessing the headunit...just a heads up.

·
Registered
Dodge Durango 2012 Citadel
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I only get a message that the parameters are too big to deviate from. I haven't adjusted vertically yet I'm currently printing out a help for the setting from the 3D printer Then I set Vertical and then I try again with AlfaOBD

21 - 36 of 36 Posts