Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a 2014 DD R/T and wanted to see what some of the common problems owners have experienced with the vehicle. No car maker is perfect and it's understood that there will be some issues with every model out there. Have you run into any problems with your DD that you'd like to ensure that others are informed about? Anything that I should be aware of when checking out the vehicle before I purchase? Any and all thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
When putting in reverse I would get Blue screen. Had reflashed...no fix.They Replaced head unit,camera and module. Fixed it. Now when in reverse if a moving object is in viewing area the object image jumps/flickers. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE? It's only a moving object and acts like bad connection but can't be since rest of picture doesn't jump. I'm thinking imager on camera is at fault now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the same issue as well. Never had the screen go blank but since I had the vehicle (1000 miles +/- now) it has the same jumpy issue as you describe. It really isn't enough of a problem for me to take back to the dealer at this point, I was thinking that if it got worse or stopped working all together then I would take it in and have it fixed. I know a brand new car shouldn't do that but I just hate the warranty process enough not to bother right now.

Mine is in the dealers shop today getting the right front axle replaced due to the CV boot clamp failure. Hopefully that's the only time it will see the inside of the local dealers shop.

·
Registered
191 Posts
When putting in reverse I would get Blue screen. Had reflashed...no fix.They Replaced head unit,camera and module. Fixed it. Now when in reverse if a moving object is in viewing area the object image jumps/flickers. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE? It's only a moving object and acts like bad connection but can't be since rest of picture doesn't jump. I'm thinking imager on camera is at fault now.
I get he same flicker on the rear back up cam. My take is it is a cheap product. I have a Camry as a company car and it does not due it, and my three previous Escalades also did not do it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The granite crystal is something to watch. I actually have one of the very early ones and appear to have lucked out on my paint. Also believe there is a recall on the brake shield or something of the sort, but that's it. I do have the same camera issue y'all have seen. I love the radio but the camera is a little bit of a letdown. Even compared to the one in my 13 Fusion. That one is fantastic.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Its gotta be a bad batch of cameras I'm thinking. I do video/audio for a living and I think it is bad camera imager. When I first got my D it worked fine.perfect picture.then screen went Blue with no video. If it was a bad camera at that point I would have had a black screen,not blue. The imager is what would make the video feed "fluid" or steady. I'm gonna take mine back in for correction since is obviously a defect while under warranty. I recommend you all do same.its not like we bought a GM under obama bucks...lol..and have to settle for what was "GIVEN" to us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's not just the Granite crystal, the silver can have problems too.
Check the paint very carefully before purchasing!
Try to examine it in overcast conditions as it doesn't always show up in direct sunlight, although if you examine every part of the car from multiple angles you can usually spot it in direct light.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The camera is a software problem. I had a 2014 Grand Cherokee overland for a year before I lemoned it, when I bought the car no flick with the camera at all after 2 or three uconnect updates camera started to flicker bad then another update it stopped again until 14.05 and then it started again so I was not surprised when my R/T did it came to with 14.05. I wouldn't worry about it they will fix it with a future update and most likely break it again. It doesn't bother me, after my jeep the Durango is prefect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.