Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello again all...

So i have a coolant leak according to the dealership on the bottom of my radiator and from the water pump. (2014 Limited 3.6L) I went ahead and ordered the parts from Rock Auto to change out the pump, crossover (aluminum upgrade), radiator, hoses and thermostat since i'd be draining everything anyway and the D has over 100k miles. Anyway, i have the tow package on the vehicle, and when looking up the build sheet, it verifies i have Trailer Tow Group IV or something like that. i kept reading the installed options just for kicks, and then it says i have standard duty engine cooling. when i ordered the parts, i ordered the heavy duty radiator since i knew i had the tow package. 2 questions... why is there conflicting info on the build sheet, doesn't that tow option include a heavy duty radiator? Also, will i be ok installing a heavy duty radiator in there without changing anything else if i do only have the standard duty one now? talking about the side baffles, fan placement and anything else that might be affected... Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,989 Posts
I don't remember what was in the package for the V6... can you post your buildsheet?

Reactions: Urbish

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,164 Posts
My 2014 JGC V6 has the Trailer Tow Group and Heavy Duty Engine Cooling is listed under the Optional Equipment section of the build sheet.

Reactions: Vice-White

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Attached.

Edit: actually, looking at this sheet, I don't even see the tow package on here. Originally I was looking at another page that listed everything. This pdf was printed from that ram site. Hmmm...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
On mine the Trailer Tow Group IV is the 3rd line item under optional equipment.

It appears from your sheet that you don't have the Tow Group. Either the Dealer or a previous owner added the hitch. SO no heavy duty cooling for you.

Reactions: IvoryHemi

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea but it WAS on the other site I checked. I guess the question now is, can I install a heavy duty radiator without issues if there is a standard one in there now? If not, what do I have to do to make it work?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Call your local dealer and give them your VIN. They'll tell you what the replacement part is.

Other members have installed Heavy Duty Cooling Radiators in their Durangos that came with Standard Duty Cooling radiators with no issues. Direct replacement. The heavy duty radiator is like a tenth of an inch thicker and takes maybe less than a quart more coolant.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I’d double check the fan part numbers. I think it was different on the V6 standard vs heavy duty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts