Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2019 dodge Durango rt with about 14,000 miles on it I want to put a high performance air filter on it but not mess with the warranty. I was looking for what Mopar offered so it would not mess with my warranty. What do you guys suggest because the sport hood has the two vent holes will i have to get an filter with a cover so it will not get wer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Take a look at the Legmaker, its made to handle our vented hoods.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Safest way to avoid warranty disputes is to swap a performance air filter into the factory intake. That being said... I went with the srt manifold swap and afe air box. But I have a 2015 that's well outside of factory warranty.

·
Premium Member
2020 RT Destroyer Grey Blacktop
101 Posts
I have a LegMaker but I just put it on last weekend. I am pretty pleased. I haven't had any issues when it comes to the warranty in the past on a bolt-on item like an intake or even exhaust. Don't expect the dealership to honor your modded part but if you have an engine issue they have to prove clearly that your intake caused the issue. An intake is an intake though. They are mostly for engine compartment bling....

·
Premium Member
2020 RT Destroyer Grey Blacktop
101 Posts
I got a 2019 dodge Durango rt with about 14,000 miles on it I want to put a high performance air filter on it but not mess with the warranty. I was looking for what Mopar offered so it would not mess with my warranty. What do you guys suggest because the sport hood has the two vent holes will i have to get an filter with a cover so it will not get wer.
Congrats by the way on the new ride! Be safe and take care!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Take a look at the Legmaker, its made to handle our vented hoods.
I will
I have a LegMaker but I just put it on last weekend. I am pretty pleased. I haven't had any issues when it comes to the warranty in the past on a bolt-on item like an intake or even exhaust. Don't expect the dealership to honor your modded part but if you have an engine issue they have to prove clearly that your intake caused the issue. An intake is an intake though. They are mostly for engine compartment bling....
Thank you for the feed back. I will look into the legmaker and see what they got.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Legmaker, Volant, and AFE all make closed top intake boxes.

Reactions: kevinski118
1 - 8 of 8 Posts