Dodge Durango Forum banner

Cold air intake/ adjustable coil overs

8K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Thomasl21 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

Just a question and gathering information on my 2020 Durango RT,

Been doing some research and just want some opinions if anyone out there has done these mods yet?

1. Looking for a cold air intake and not sure what's good and would make a significant difference. Do you stick with your standard K&N or S&B or Valont????

2. Looking to lower my RT and thinking or adjustable coil over thoughts is it worth it? Ride better and handle better? Or just get a lowering spring also any recommendations or brands eibach H&R ????

Appreciate any information and help

Thank you

#2 ·
I could be wrong but I don’t think any companies make adjustable coil overs for the Durango. Also, you’re pretty limited on brands as well for lowering springs. I went with Eibach and was happy with it. I think the other brand people use are Black Ops.
Since you’re doing research, look into whether your truck has load leveling rear shocks. That’s going to keep your truck from going as low as those that don’t have those shocks. Which also raises the question on whether you want to swap out for the non leveling shocks.

#3 ·
plus 1 on what Jugo said. i have a 2017 GT lowered on Black Ops Swift- Spec springs. i kept my load leveling shocks. The rear raises about an inch after driving, but settle back down when parked. I actually like the "racked" look. Here's my ride on the 20s. if I switched to 22's, it would close the wheel gap a lot more Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire

#13 ·
I can tell you the AFE Intake fits perfectly and no issues with the performance hood(sounds nice but I did a mid muffler delete and you lose the intake sound). Have it on my 21 GT also will be doing coil overs from SF racing. Want to keep factory wheels with 1” spacers since I added brembo brakes.

#14 ·
Brembos on a GT? Wha????

Reactions: 21RangoRT
#15 ·
So Ive done the AFE Magnum intake which gives a bit more sound as it is open to the vent in the hood and also has a heat shield. I also have magnaflow exhausts so its harder to hear the intake, but I can still hear a slight whistle coming from the intake.

I have also lowered on Eibachs, not happy. Ive been told that the spring rate on these springs is the same as the stock springs to keep the ride about the same. With that I have yet to find a suitable shock for the rear to compliment the spring rate. All non LL shocks seem to be too soft and I bottom out hitting the bump stops (its a Canada thing i guess to have lots of pot holes). Im considering changing to coilovers and am researching them now (brand like SFracing, FV Suspension)

This pic is with The Eibach Pro Kit and Bilstein 4600 shocks. If anyone has done the coilovers for this vehicle, how are they? which ones? do you need your stock springs for them?
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

#16 ·
So Ive done the AFE Magnum intake which gives a bit more sound as it is open to the vent in the hood and also has a heat shield. I also have magnaflow exhausts so its harder to hear the intake, but I can still hear a slight whistle coming from the intake. I have also lowered on Eibachs, not happy. Ive been told that the spring rate on these springs is the same as the stock springs to keep the ride about the same. With that I have yet to find a suitable shock for the rear to compliment the spring rate. All non LL shocks seem to be too soft and I bottom out hitting the bump stops (its a Canada thing i guess to have lots of pot holes). Im considering changing to coilovers and am researching them now (brand like SFracing, FV Suspension) This pic is with The Eibach Pro Kit and Bilstein 4600 shocks. If anyone has done the coilovers for this vehicle, how are they? which ones? do you need your stock springs for them? View attachment 123187
Try putting the Eibach sway bar in the back it may stiffen up the shocks. I have on on my 11 Durango with Bilsteins all around and Jeep SRT springs. I’ve hit corners and over passes at lightning speeds lol. Now I’m looking into Coilovers and a strut tower brace since apparently these Durangos can actually grip the road pretty damn good, and the suspension architecture is pretty damn good for an SUV, handles better than my wife’s 2012 Camry. Right now I’m looking at Vicrez for Coilovers but over the last year there have been multiple brands coming out with products for our vehicles, just look out there. there’s even body kits now.

#17 ·
I did find out about Vicrez and am currently looking into buying them. Just looking into other options s at the moment also. For the sway bar, I would do that but now looking into the BWoody links as there is no more ball joint and they do not work with the Eibach sway bar. I was going to try the SRT springs but the guy at the Dodge dealer didn't know which actual part would work. They needed me to figure it out. If I can't get the coilovers I'm going to replace my front struts to bilsteins and upgrade the upper control arm (meaning non factory part) as I fond all mopar fail once you modify something.

#19 ·
Let us know how the coilovers go. My only concern is the stiffness rating since there adjustable hopefully you can make ‘em pretty stiff with minimal wheel gap. That’s the main reason I want them but I don’t want to constantly bottom out either. I tried the bwoody links and this is just me personally but the ride is awesome just for an experience but the more you drive on them youll understand that the geometry of our suspension is made for swivel joint links (ball joint) to complete the necessary travel of the suspension. I took mine off and put moog sway links in and they feel way better and still stiff. Rear sway bar made the biggest difference so far out of all my suspension mods. Also while you’re looking into sway bar links check out the Eibach links made for the trackhawk, they’re adjustable heim joints

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.