Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for trouble shooting solutions please.
the air flow for the vents, the temp selctor, AC, and rear window features ALL quit. I lean towards the modual it'self. Looking in scrap yard to come up empty handed was another inddicator. the car has never had illumination for that cluster also.
Guidance anyone? Oh I work Night shifts if you happen to see my login times.
Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,479 Posts
Do you have ATC or MTC? ATC= Automatic Temp Control with a display. The Manual Temp Control doesn't.
I would look at replcing the temp control

The illumination is via replaceable (expensive) bulbs.

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Wrench:
Welcome to DDN. My '04 also had no backlighting for the manual HVAC panel. Turned out to be a harness connector on the back of the dash cluster that was not fully seated. I would check the connectors on the back of your panel, and if they are ok, move onto the cluster.

Don

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The A/C-heater control utilizes integrated circuitry and information carried on the controller area network (CAN) B
bus to monitor many sensors and switch inputs throughout the vehicle. In response to those inputs, the internal
circuitry and programming of the A/C-heater control allows it to control electronic functions and features of the ATC
heating-A/C system.
The inputs received by the A/C-heater control of the ATC heating-A/C system on the CAN B bus are as follows:
² Dimming
² Refrigerant Pressure
² Vehicle Identification Number
² Vehicle Odometer
² Engine Coolant Temperature
² Ambient Air Temperature
² Infrared Temperature Sensor
² Ignition Voltage
² Vehicle Speed
The messages broadcasted by the A/C-heater control of the ATC heating-A/C system on the CAN B bus are as
follows:
² A/C Request
² A/C Select
² Rear Window Defogger (EBL) Request
² Rear Washer Request
² Rear Wiper Request

Looks like everything you described as not working originates within the ATC module.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have both the ATC and MTC versions available. Here's the pictures. Send me a message if interested.

Reactions: Don Fox

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking for trouble shooting solutions please.
the air flow for the vents, the temp selctor, AC, and rear window features ALL quit. I lean towards the modual it'self. Looking in scrap yard to come up empty handed was another inddicator. the car has never had illumination for that cluster also.
Guidance anyone? Oh I work Night shifts if you happen to see my login times.
Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have ATC or MTC? ATC= Automatic Temp Control with a display. The Manual Temp Control doesn't.
I would look at replcing the temp control

The illumination is via replaceable (expensive) bulbs.
I have the Manual Version, Thanks. I did replace it with a used one with no changes in function. Any other advice on what the next step is; before i send it to a shop ( who will probably have to do just what i am for advice).
Thank you

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You need to get it scanned for trouble codes now. Possible "U" or "B" codes present.

Checked fuses in the Junction block? Under the plastic cover by your left foot. #13 and #24...15a and 10a.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Fuses above were for the ATC.

For the MTC it's fuses 7 and 24 in the Junction Block. 40A and 10A

1 - 9 of 9 Posts