Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some backstory - not sure it’s related but speculate it is. I have a 2014 Limited that’s been great, no issues.

A couple of weeks ago, I started getting the Vehicle phone needs serviced message and saw there was a Uconnect update. Around the same time, I noticed my screen/radio were slow to come on and occasionally my a/c would “turn off” and ithe front & rear defrosters would turn on in addition to the a/c button being lit. I wouldn’t be able to do anything except turn the fan off or wait it out.

Well, brilliant me (🤦‍♀️) decided to attempt the 18.45.01 update myself. Yeah, now I’m stuck in THAT awesome loop so I have no screen, radio, camera AND the climate control seems to be flipping out more often. I’m in FL so no a/c SUCKS.

Are these things related? If I replace the circuit board or (God forbid) the enoire unit will that fix the issues with the climate control as well as the radio/nav?

Needless to say I’m P*$$ED about the whole thing...

Any advice, insight, etc would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,254 Posts
Do you remember what version software you originally had?

My 2014 JGC showed an update to 18.45.01 which I downloaded to my PC. I read the install instructions and found that many earlier lower level software versions wouldn't directly update and a trip to the dealer was required. Mine was one of those versions. Ended up having to first update to a mid level version and then to 18.45.01. Here's my rant on the Jeep forums regarding this:

That's probably original Firmware/Software for 2014 or close to it!

Here's my recent ordeal a few weeks ago:

Had to do a firmware update on the 8.4 RA4 Uconnect NAV radio today. Got a warning this morning after startup that an update was required and to see the Dealer. Funk that! I was also getting instances of the GPS losing where it was and where it was going. After some research this could be traced back to the old software version.

Did some research. Firmware I had was probably original from 2014 @ 15.17.5 or close to original. Went to the Uconnect site and typed in my VIN. Indicated I needed 18.45.01 software that I downloaded. Reading the instructions it indicates you can't upgrade directly from 15.17.5 and you need to go to the dealer for updating. Funk that again! Did some research and found that if you could find software 17.43.01 you could step stone to the latest. Well it took awhile to find a copy of 17.43.01 after searching for a few hours on the 'net. Downloaded it and extracted it to a USB drive.

Read the instructions and started the 17.43.01 upgrade. It was a nail biter. Several resets after starting and seemingly would restart the install in a loop. Finally on the 4th restart something took and it completed all 15 units. It kept loop restarting after unit 3. Took it for a drive to calibrate the GPS antenna and all is well in Uconnect world. Some features added and many improvements to radio and NAV displays that I've seen so far.

I'll wait a couple of days after driving around to see how 17.43.01 acts then update to the final 18.45.01 this weekend.

If anyone needs the file for 17.43.01 North America let me know! I also have the 18.45.01 file available.

The instructions indicate you need to be in the "Run" mode with engine off. This will put a strain on the battery as the update took almost an hour. If you have a marginal battery I suggest you connect a battery charger or tender to keep the system voltage up. I had a socket voltage indicator that showed 12.7 volts when I started the update and it was down to 12.3 volts when completed. Make sure you have a good battery!

Still had issues with NAV losing where it was on startup and not syncing time to the satellites. So I did the 18.45.01 update from USB. It's been working perfectly for over a month now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I previously had 18.13.17. When I entered my VIN on the uconnect site, it said I had 1 update, 18.45.01. Had I known the Vehicle Phone needs serviced message could be an indicator of the wireless card failing, I NEVER would've attempted it.

Water under the bridge now and here I am... Text Font Technology Electronic device
Font Line
Text Font Technology Electronic device Screen

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some backstory - not sure it’s related but speculate it is. I have a 2014 Limited that’s been great, no issues.

A couple of weeks ago, I started getting the Vehicle phone needs serviced message and saw there was a Uconnect update. Around the same time, I noticed my screen/radio were slow to come on and occasionally my a/c would “turn off” and ithe front & rear defrosters would turn on in addition to the a/c button being lit. I wouldn’t be able to do anything except turn the fan off or wait it out.

Well, brilliant me (🤦‍♀️) decided to attempt the 18.45.01 update myself. Yeah, now I’m stuck in THAT awesome loop so I have no screen, radio, camera AND the climate control seems to be flipping out more often. I’m in FL so no a/c SUCKS.

Are these things related? If I replace the circuit board or (God forbid) the enoire unit will that fix the issues with the climate control as well as the radio/nav?

Needless to say I’m P*$$ED about the whole thing...

Any advice, insight, etc would be appreciated.
Hi this is my exact problem. How did you do to fix it? My update did not launch and I have the 18.13.17 version. I checked every fuse (all looked good), unplugged the battery for a couple of hours, and tried to redo the update with 18.45.01 version as mentionned, but the screen is still black with nothing i can do and the Climate control going nuts. Any suggestion?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It took close to 2wks but I would plug in the USB and attempt the install every time I was driving. Eventually it finished updating on a trip out of town. I still have intermittent issues with the screen not booting up right away after starting the car but it does eventually turn on & everything but GPS & clock when associated with GPS works just fine.

·
Registered
398 Posts
It took close to 2wks but I would plug in the USB and attempt the install every time I was driving. Eventually it finished updating on a trip out of town. I still have intermittent issues with the screen not booting up right away after starting the car but it does eventually turn on & everything but GPS & clock when associated with GPS works just fine.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
1 Posts

My 2014 JGC showed an update to 18.45.01 which I downloaded to my PC. I read the install instructions and found that many earlier lower level software versions wouldn't directly update and a trip to the dealer was required. Mine was one of those versions. Ended up having to first update to a mid level version and then to 18.45.01. Here's my rant on the Jeep forums regarding this:

Had to do a firmware update on the 8.4 RA4 Uconnect NAV radio today. Got a warning this morning after startup that an update was required and to see the Dealer. Funk that! I was also getting instances of the GPS losing where it was and where it was going. After some research this could be traced back to the old software version.

Did some research. Firmware I had was probably original from 2014 @ 15.17.5 or close to original. Went to the Uconnect site and typed in my VIN. Indicated I needed 18.45.01 software that I downloaded. Reading the instructions it indicates you can't upgrade directly from 15.17.5 and you need to go to the dealer for updating. Funk that again! Did some research and found that if you could find software 17.43.01 you could step stone to the latest. Well it took awhile to find a copy of 17.43.01 after searching for a few hours on the 'net. Downloaded it and extracted it to a USB drive.

Read the instructions and started the 17.43.01 upgrade. It was a nail biter. Several resets after starting and seemingly would restart the install in a loop. Finally on the 4th restart something took and it completed all 15 units. It kept loop restarting after unit 3. Took it for a drive to calibrate the GPS antenna and all is well in Uconnect world. Some features added and many improvements to radio and NAV displays that I've seen so far.

I'll wait a couple of days after driving around to see how 17.43.01 acts then update to the final 18.45.01 this weekend.

If anyone needs the file for 17.43.01 North America let me know! I also have the 18.45.01 file available.

The instructions indicate you need to be in the "Run" mode with engine off. This will put a strain on the battery as the update took almost an hour. If you have a marginal battery I suggest you connect a battery charger or tender to keep the system voltage up. I had a socket voltage indicator that showed 12.7 volts when I started the update and it was down to 12.3 volts when completed. Make sure you have a good battery!

Still had issues with NAV losing where it was on startup and not syncing time to the satellites. So I did the 18.45.01 update from USB. It's been working perfectly for over a month now.

any way I could get the 17.43.01 file?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Can I get a copy of the file

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,254 Posts
I'm looking for the 17.43.01 file. So far no luck. Web search for a download link is worthless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I previously had 18.13.17. When I entered my VIN on the uconnect site, it said I had 1 update, 18.45.01. Had I known the Vehicle Phone needs serviced message could be an indicator of the wireless card failing, I NEVER would've attempted it.

Water under the bridge now and here I am... View attachment 111207 View attachment 111208 View attachment 111209
I have a JGC Overland , and did the same thing and now flew off in to the RHUBARB !!! I have been in the IT world 40 years and I am stuck ., did you get this fixed ?????? so mad i upgraded , the old uconnect version worked , with some BS, but at least it worked Im from MN and "winter is coming " and i have very few of the workiing uconnect options

1 - 12 of 12 Posts