Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals,I am new to the forum , just got a 2011 Citadel with Hemi 5.7 in it , but i looked at a few before buying this one, and i must say there super nice , they all are super nice as i might say, but i seem to be in a bit of a pickle , my citadel is like a super slow turtle, i drove the r/t and it seemed to be so much faster , why is this? they do both have the same semi and tranny, so whats the deal? is it a different factory tune? exhaust ? gear ratio? lol please help me guys any advise is much appreciated thanks in advance.

also please let me know what you guys would do to approach the problem thanks.

·
Registered
482 Posts
You sure you have the 5.7 and not the v6?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the one I thought was fastest was the 14 rt but I also drove a 13 rt which still was way faster , I think the tranny dose make that big difference but still seems like it should be a little quicker and yes I do have the 8 cylinder hemi lol
Oh ya and mine is awd and so was the rest of them I drove,

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Probably just the fact you're an inch lower and the R/T has a louder exhaust. And apples to apples comparing a 545/65RE R/T and Citadel or the 8 speeds you'll get the same. The Citadel also rides very very smooth, you'll be doing 85+ before you realize it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably just the fact you're an inch lower and the R/T has a louder exhaust. And apples to apples comparing a 545/65RE R/T and Citadel or the 8 speeds you'll get the same. The Citadel also rides very very smooth, you'll be doing 85+ before you realize it.
I am going to do a little 0 to 60 video just to show you guys what I'm talking about I mean I don't know if I'm crazy or not but this thing to me seems detrimentally slow

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Your '11 doesn't have VVT or the 8 spd auto, that is probably enough to feel a difference.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yeah that thing definitely seems sluggish

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are you sure you are pressing on the gas pedal? ;)

I agree, that does seem very slow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you sure you are pressing on the gas pedal? ;)

I agree, that does seem very slow.
I am definitely pushing on the gas pedal is hard as I can it's amazing my foot has not gone through before but it seems like it starts to open up better after it hits 4000 RPM and has some kind of a power sprayer and then stops again maybe it needs a tuneup or something

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
ya know... i really doubt this fixes your problem... or if this even works at all... but here we go...

I have heard that the transmission can learn shift patterns and can tend to feel sluggish if not getting on it constantly... I heard a way to "reset the memory" is to do this...

1) push button to RUN (do not start the engine)
2) within 10 seconds, depress the gas pedal slowly then release slowly within that 10 seconds
3) shut car off
4) restart 5-10 minutes later and SUPPOSEDLY, it resets the memory on the "learned" shift patterns

As I mentioned above, I am not even sure if this actually works... just heard it through the grapevine... worth a shot though....

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Yeah something is off... My 2011 gets and goes. Like 7-8 0-60, but it pulls till the limiter. Yours was accelerating like my brothers 2004 Grand Caravan with the 3.3! Looks like you got an info message thing too?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
idk guys, something seems way off, because under hard acceleration it seems sluggish but if i let off just a little bit it seems like it opens up better, it just seems like its holding back

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
injectors? I dont know, just throwing that out there... have you had a shop take a look at it yet?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts