Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Citadel 7 months old...23,000 miles. I loved my car and planned to get another one but I'm concerned because No airbags deployed. A Mercedes sprinter cargo van hit us doing 65mph in a construction zone. Rolled two times, hit the car in front of us and the guard rail...and still no airbags!?

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow! Nobody was hurt? It is concerning that no airbags deployed, especially as you rolled. It appears that you were extracted via the windshield?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It took them 25 to 30 minutes to get us out...but I was able to pass my granddaughter through the windshield. The car came to rest on the drivers side so they took us out the sunroof.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yikes!! I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Reactions: blessedmama25

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We were taken to two different hospitals and both wanted to know what kind of vehicle we were in. They wete amazed with the reports they had gotten from the scene that we were not much worse. I was happy with the cabin...it was completely intact back to the second row, then not so much. I even had skid marks...where the car applied the brakes it self to minimize the distance I traveled after the impact.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wow, what a nightmare and a true blessing no one was seriously injured! Now I wish I had a sunroof. Mercedes Cargo Van... sounds like a company vehicle. Get a lawyer. It would be interesting to know what Chrysler has to say about the airbag failures! Glad you are all relatively okay, blessedmama.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Any idea what you will be getting to replace your Durango?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Glad you are all safe. Sad your Durango is gone, but it looks like it did it's job. Check into that airbag thing and get a lawyer. It's been almost two years since my car was totaled and STILL working with lawyer and insurance on settling claim. Will probably need to file a lawsuit within the next month since the deadline is two years from date of accident, which was 11-16-2012. Hope your case goes smooth and everyone remains healthy with no lasting effects.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is safe! I'm very, very concerned your airbags didn't deploy! We need answers.....

Frank

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sorry to hear but glad everyone is safe. It does seem odd the airbags didn't deploy but it sounds like they maybe would have caused more harm than good given there were no major injuries. Perhaps they performed as intended (although seems unlikely)? Regardless, it did its job and kept everyone safe. It helps me to know that we are all driving a safe vehicle and you're living proof of that. Granted I haven't been and hope I never am in your situation, but if I were I'm not sure I'd consider a different vehicle as a replacement after seeing how it performed and kept your family relatively safe.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Why wouldn't the side curtain airbags go off at least? Very disturbing, but glad the D handled the crash like a champ.

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
Man that is a good advertisement for the D. Wow, no major injuries, amazing. Glad you are OK.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts