Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
Well... not a fan of the chrome pillar stick-ons. And that's all you are going to find... for a few reasons. It isn't like you can bolt on a replacement. And the interest level played out on that look in 2010.

My strong suggestion... DON'T DO IT. :)

IndyD

(We will assume that post is not thinly veiled spam for CARiD junk.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you tried CarID.com ?

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Nothing more than stick ons available
What looks real nice is to have them wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl, if the right product is used and applied completely wrapped it looks fantastic
STEVE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IndyD, I apologize are we not permitted to mention websites? I'm new to the forum so really unsure.

Steve do you have pics of this? Can you direct me to them if so or add for viewing?

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
Ken, thats for the additional post. Means you are a real person and not someone hawking a website.

Yes you can mention other sites. No issues. Just know there are also vendors here helping support the place and if possible, steer them a little business also. That keep the place her for years to come for everyone.

My apologies for knocking the chrome pillars. It's not my thing but doesn't mean it isn't others nor that it couldn't look great. Trust me when I say I have done many things to my Durango that others dislike so I'm used to it. :)

Welcome to the forum and we look forward to your ongoing participation.

IndyDurango

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No worries, just getting my feet wet here.

Do you have experience with the Carbon vinyl, Steve mentioned? I've been looking at videos online and it looks pretty cool but I'd like to hear more about it, especially information about different uses and the longevity of the product.

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
I have my fair share of CF appliqués in my interior. Use the prep to make sure everything is clean (3M has a great one) and apply slow and once. It won't move if misaligned after it touches the surface so you get once chance at that stuff.

indyD

·
Registered
507 Posts
If I could get my chrome ones off without ruining them I would trade you for the black.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Have you tried Pep Boys? They have a whole section of stick on goodies like fake fender vents and bullet hole decals... One could get carried away in that place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts