Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked my codes on my new to me 2011 Durango and it came back c1704, couldn't find any information besides maybe right rear sensor code. The tpms system flashes how it does to tell you it needs serviced and then it stays on. Idk if that is connected, but previous owners said the "left" rear sensor(if I remember right) needs replaced to fix the tpms light. I thought they meant the whole tps module, which I bought a new one which is on the way. And I put on a different set of 2019 Durango gt rims with the sensors in them last week. So anybody know what that code is and besides the four sensors in the tires and the tps module under left rear fender, are their sensors at each wheel to read each tire sensor in the wheel? Sorry for the ramble new to newer vehicles

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,387 Posts
The TPMS sensors are integral to the valve stem. When they fail to work they have to be replaced. The batteries in them last about 5 years. With the correct sensors, the car will register and read them after a couple of miles driven. They don't trigger any codes in the car as they use the idiot light. The sensors on the rims you put on are new enough that they should register. Someone else can answer the chassic code question.

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
655 Posts
You sure the code was C1704 and not something like C1504? Below is a list of DTCs I found specific to TPMS.
Font Electric blue Number Document Circle

DTC legend for dodge.
Font Number Screenshot Terrestrial plant Document

Try using the free android version of Alfaobd or JSCAN to see if you can pull the code, assuming you have an ELM based interface.

Per the chilton site, the Cxxx codes don't go up to C17xx.
Font Pattern Symmetry Circle Electric blue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thank you I'll try one of the ones you gave, I am using a elm one off Amazon and using the torque app right now and the torque app says it's c1704. If it is c1504 would sensor 4 be the right rear, I'd imagine it would? I am going to replace the main tpm module when it arrives so maybe that'll take care of that code along with the tpms light being on. it's had the code with 2 different set of rims which the ones I have on now are 2019 gt ones

1 - 6 of 6 Posts