Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the threads and cannot find an answer.

How do I remove just the console lid with the the "leather" in order to replace it? There are no screws or bolts that I can see holding it place. Is it simply snapped in place with clips?

Thank you.

John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir. But that is not what I need to do. I only need to remove the part of the center armrest that has the leather cover. I need to know if it just pops off or not.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,212 Posts
Thank you sir. But that is not what I need to do. I only need to remove the part of the center armrest that has the leather cover. I need to know if it just pops off or not.
Don't steps 3 and 11 outline how to remove the padded armrest in the 1st attachment? The 3 screws under the plastic cover at the back of the storage area under the armrest?

·
Registered
2015 Durango R/T AWD
19 Posts
I guess I am assuming that removing the entire armrest wouldn't be needed to pry off just the top.
Continuing this thread for anybody else's future reference....
You do John, just to have better handling and freedom of movement.
I have the same problem and already have it off and the replacement leather in hand. What I am trying to figure out is how to remove the inside plastic base/housing...
There don't seem to be any screws anywhere so my guess is that slowly and carefully I might be able to just pull it off.
I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2015 Durango R/T AWD
19 Posts
All done. Easier than I though.
Inside plastic under the armrest just pops right off once you pry it carefully. It is attached to the lid with plastic clips.
The replacement skin that I got didn't have any foam material underneath, like the original does, so I ended up installing it over the damaged one, like a sock. Was kind of tight to fit back the front latch mechanism though.
All in all I am happy with the result and definitely beats the $ 350 Dodge is asking for the entire lid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts