Dodge Durango Forum banner

CCI Caliper Covers

33K views 65 replies 13 participants last post by  omarali1 
#1 · (Edited)
NEW CCI CALIPER COVERS INSTALLED. SEE POST 5 BELOW.

And let me know what you think of the color combination with my Octane Red D.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Tire

Look what Fed Ex delivered today. I plan to get them installed this weekend.

Yellow Personal protective equipment Auto part Sports gear Label

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I was able to remove my MGP caliper covers and install my new CCI caliper covers on Saturday. I took the opportunity while I had each of my SRT wheels off to give them a good cleaning too. Before getting to the pictures let me provide my thoughts on the pros and cons of each type of caliper cover. And before I forget, what do you guys think of the yellow calipers with my Octane Red and gloss black wheels? I'm quite pleased with the look.

MGP caliper covers
Pros: Very well constructed, the ability to customize them pretty much any way you like, nice powdercoat finish and the brackets mount to the caliper very securely.
Cons: Really the only con I have is that the flat surface really doesn't look like a performance brake caliper, they are pretty plain and basic. They certainly cover up the OEM calipers and make them look better, but they are not three dimensional.

CCI caliper covers
Pros: Look three dimensional from the side, have the appearance of a performance brake caliper, attach easily to the caliper using included magnets, customizable and are well constructed out of aluminum.
Cons: Not made from as heavy gauge material as the MGP calipers, but that is not necessarily a bad thing since being flexible makes them easier to install, attach using magnets rather than mounting to a bracket which attaches to the caliper and are painted rather than powdercoated.

One other thing about the CCI caliper covers. The rear covers only came with one magnet, while the fronts came with two. I ended up adding two smaller magnets to the rear covers to more firmly attach them in place. Probably not everyone would feel the need to do this, but I wanted to make sure they didn't move from where I set them. I didn't feel like I needed to do that to the front since the front comes with two decent size magnets. I spoke with Ronnie as CCI about the number of magnets on the rear covers and he plans to look into that. He welcomes customer feedback. Now to the pictures.

Rear MGP caliper cover mounted
Auto part Disc brake Wheel Vehicle brake Brake

Rear CCI caliper cover mounted
Disc brake Auto part Vehicle brake Wheel Brake

Front CCI caliper cover mounted (I forgot to take a picture of the front MGP caliper cover mounted with the wheel off)
Auto part Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake

The set of MGP caliper covers removed
Bumper Auto part Tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

New CCI covers on the D
Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Car

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Vehicle Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Alloy wheel

#6 · (Edited)
After driving around for a couple of days with the CCI caliper covers I have had no issues with any noises or movement of the caliper covers. And they look really good! There is really no comparison. The CCI caliper covers look much more like real high performance calipers than the MGP caliper covers do.

Reactions: 1BADR/T
#10 ·
I still have the yellow CCI caliper covers on the D. They definitely turn more heads. The black MGP caliper covers blended in with my black wheels so they were less noticeable.

#11 ·
Hey there

oh okay cool. Thanks for the reply..I was wondering if you can give me your opinion about something. I actually have the same exact Durango but my is a 2015 with red interior.. I was wondering should I put tints on the front windows or should I just leave it as it is to show out the red interior..
And one more thing, I have beats sound stereo system and I don’t really like how they sound. Do you know anything that sound better I can upgrade to? Thanks

#13 ·
NEW CCI CALIPER COVERS INSTALLED. SEE POST 5 BELOW.

And let me know what you think of the color combination with my Octane Red D.

View attachment 104606

Look what Fed Ex delivered today. I plan to get them installed this weekend.

View attachment 104538
I was able to remove my MGP caliper covers and install my new CCI caliper covers on Saturday. I took the opportunity while I had each of my SRT wheels off to give them a good cleaning too. Before getting to the pictures let me provide my thoughts on the pros and cons of each type of caliper cover. And before I forget, what do you guys think of the yellow calipers with my Octane Red and gloss black wheels? I'm quite pleased with the look.

MGP caliper covers
Pros: Very well constructed, the ability to customize them pretty much any way you like, nice powdercoat finish and the brackets mount to the caliper very securely.
Cons: Really the only con I have is that the flat surface really doesn't look like a performance brake caliper, they are pretty plain and basic. They certainly cover up the OEM calipers and make them look better, but they are not three dimensional.

CCI caliper covers
Pros: Look three dimensional from the side, have the appearance of a performance brake caliper, attach easily to the caliper using included magnets, customizable and are well constructed out of aluminum.
Cons: Not made from as heavy gauge material as the MGP calipers, but that is not necessarily a bad thing since being flexible makes them easier to install, attach using magnets rather than mounting to a bracket which attaches to the caliper and are painted rather than powdercoated.

One other thing about the CCI caliper covers. The rear covers only came with one magnet, while the fronts came with two. I ended up adding two smaller magnets to the rear covers to more firmly attach them in place. Probably not everyone would feel the need to do this, but I wanted to make sure they didn't move from where I set them. I didn't feel like I needed to do that to the front since the front comes with two decent size magnets. I spoke with Ronnie as CCI about the number of magnets on the rear covers and he plans to look into that. He welcomes customer feedback. Now to the pictures.

Rear MGP caliper cover mounted
View attachment 104590
Rear CCI caliper cover mounted
View attachment 104592
Front CCI caliper cover mounted (I forgot to take a picture of the front MGP caliper cover mounted with the wheel off)
View attachment 104594
The set of MGP caliper covers removed
View attachment 104596
New CCI covers on the D
View attachment 104598
View attachment 104600
View attachment 104604
View attachment 104602
It looks really good. I ran into some trouble with mine. The front ones are actually touching the rim. Did you have to add a wheel spacer?

#14 ·
Thanks! No, I didn't have to add a spacer, but I have SRT wheels that are 20 x 10 so I have mover space between the calipers and the wheels. I never tried the MGP or CCI caliper covers with my OEM wheels.

#16 ·
Mine clear the Stock R/T 20" rims. However the CCI covers are 'bendable' so maybe you need to do a little adjustment on them. There isn't a lot of clearance by any means but it should clear.

#23 ·
Holy crap, those will be the best on the market

#28 · (Edited)
As part of my "Faux and Go" package I ordered a set of the GT covers (shown above) in black from CCI and they do NOT fit my 2019 Durango R/T. The fronts are not even close, they stick out 10-15mm from the caliper and rub the inside of the wheel. The CCI order page says they fit, then they do a bunch of false advertising butt covering when you go to the check out page. There you get a full page single space of how many ways once they take your money they aren't giving it back and that its on the buyer to determine if they are going to work...what a way to run a business! They are great looking "frakes", but I'm not running wheel spacers to make them work.

#30 ·
Sorry to hear about your issues. I've had no issues whatsoever with my CCI caliper covers and I have had them on my D for more than a year. I would definitely follow up with them. I'm sure that they will make it right. They may have sent you the wrong covers. Keep us posted on what happens.

BTW my dad has a set on his BMW too. I installed them with no issues.

#29 ·
Got mine they fit no issue on clearance. The back ones flew off the second day after being installed. Trying to get in touch with them for replacements. Hoping they make things right for us. They looked really good while they lasted. Going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

#31 ·
I have them, and while I was a little disappointed at how flimsy they were when I first opened them, they have lasted a year so far. I put some additional 3M Double Sided tape on them when installing as I was worried they would just fly off. While I love the new version, Ronny (I think that's his name) would have to custom make them for each vehicle to have that much depth and at the same time fit in the tight caliper to wheel clearance. On my Durango, the ones I received fit fine but didn't look like they were very specific to the vehicle.

BADMOOD, can you share any pics for us of them installed? Would love to see them in reality. Thanks.

#33 ·
@BADMOOD Do you have the new GT version (not GT-S or GT-X)? The earlier versions are fairly flat but the GT model has a more 3D depth which adds a lot of realism, but most wheels do not have 1-7/8" between the caliper and the rim that they are asking for on the site. I agree I was disappointed by the flimsy sheet metal construction, but they are just decoration so as long as they look good and stay put, I'm cool with it. I was planning to glue more rare earth magnets to mine.

My emails to Ronnie have bounced, but will follow up with whatever resolution I end up with.

#35 ·
Ronnie was really good at delivery notifications and so on. I received them waited about a week to install. After several attempts to make contact as per packaging label before install I went ahead and installed. Two days later the back ones fell off and got crushed. I attempted again to reach out for guidance and a replacement set. His phone isn’t accepting calls and no response back on texts. Maybe he is out of town for the holidays. As soon as I hear something I’ll post.

#37 ·
I spoke with Ronnie this afternoon, the "GT" model does NOT fit with OEM front wheels unless you run a 20mm spacer, SRT wheels, or something after market with the correct spacing. The GT X-line is what you want to run if you're not interested in spacers or different wheels. Basically the site says they fit the GT fit DD calipers, but you're on your own for making the wheels work with them as they need 1-7/8" clearance

The website has been updated since I ordered a few months ago, but at the end of the day I have to take responsibility for not questioning the 1-7/8" space requirement. He offered to trade me for the X-line which is a fair solution, but no refund. I'm just going to punch out of the cover game altogether. I'm going to clean them up and list them in the classified section.

#39 ·
After more than a year and a half, one of my original rear caliper covers came off and got mangled. I called Ronnie and for $100 he is upgrading me to a full set of the new X-Line caliper covers. These new X Line covers fit without magnets and completely cover the top of the caliper.

Here is a picture he sent me of the new covers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.