Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I have a DDSRT that I am leasing and I have a Durango Hellcat on order. I read somewhere that Carvana will buyout leases so I decided to run my numbers through their system. They are offering $10K more than my buyout. Has anyone used Carvana before? All of my searches online so far say they had a good experience with them.

I have been looking for a way to cash in on the equity in my lease but without the hassle of trying to find a buyer and not getting ripped off by the stealership; this might be the perfect answer.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
496 Posts
Yes, it's a good way to sell it. Just make sure you have more than 30 days left on your lease as others have found that they reject the vehicle if there is a short time remaining. It's probably due to not being able to complete the deal before the lease expires.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it's a good way to sell it. Just make sure you have more than 30 days left on your lease as others have found that they reject the vehicle if there is a short time remaining. It's probably due to not being able to complete the deal before the lease expires.
That's a great tip, thanks. I am stuck in nowhere land right now. I'm on my second 3 month lease extension with Chrysler Capital waiting for the Hellcat to arrive and no ETA yet on the order completion. I may just ask to extend it for 6 months to ensure I have 30 days left on the lease when I get notified the Hellcat has arrived.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sold my Lexus to them in 2019. Smooth as could be.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I sold Feb/March. Looks like Durango’s value is up $4k since I sold, but on the flip side the truck I bought is up $10k! I just missed this craziness by a few weeks

·
Registered
296 Posts
That's a great tip, thanks. I am stuck in nowhere land right now. I'm on my second 3 month lease extension with Chrysler Capital waiting for the Hellcat to arrive and no ETA yet on the order completion. I may just ask to extend it for 6 months to ensure I have 30 days left on the lease when I get notified the Hellcat has arrived.
I JUST tried to do that with my 18 R/T which had ~$9k in equity on the trade in HOWEVER it is 60 days before end of lease not 30. See below: My biggest problem was I called Chrysler to extend (I was at about 55 days when I started looking...) and they only wanted to extend 30 days but only when I was within 30 of the end of the lease so it ended up ruining my deal (They didn't say I could extend by 90 days). I think if THEY buy it directly you also save on the taxes since they are a dealer. At least that is what they said. If I buy it and sell it to them I have to pay the sales tax on it. (So you really make out) I was easy to work with them until they dropped the 60 days on me at the last minute.

Hello MReiland,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your vehicle for a value with Carvana. At this time, we are not able to move forward with purchasing your leased vehicle as Carvana's policy does not allow to purchase a vehicle within its 60 days of maturity.

We do apologize for any inconvenience at this time. Please reach out to your lienholder and extend your lease if you would like to continue to sell to Carvana.

Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions go to http://www.carvana.com. You may also call us at 800.333.4554

Regards,
Andrea
Sell to Carvana Team
1930 W Rio Salado Pkwy /// Tempe, AZ 85281

1 - 7 of 7 Posts