Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2017 Citadel with 2nd row captain chairs. I'd like to get a good quality rubber or plastic cargo tray/liner to protect the cargo area, both behind the 2nd row and the 3rd row. The only Mopar OEM tray I can find goes behind the 3rd row only. It's about $75 online. Has anyone used any after-market cargo liners that come in two pieces and can be used with the 3rd row seats up or down? We used to own a Volvo XC90 that had an OEM liner like that.

Also, any recommendations on some non-slip rubber mats for the 2nd row? I don't need any deep slush-trays. Just something that goes over the transmission tunnel and covers better than the cheap factory carpet mats.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I have both weather tech and husky weather beaters... The fitment of the husky is better...

but out you would need to buy 2 separate "cargo" liners... One with 3rd row down and one with 3rd down

·
Registered
40 Posts
I purchased the Aries DG0071309 Black 3D Cargo Liner from Amazon for my 2016 R/T with captain's chairs ($101). Fits very well and I love the ability to fold it to fit behind the 3rd row if the 3rd row seating is being used. I had a full cargo cover in my Honda Pilot and I hated having to remove it completely when using the 3rd row seats. Below is a link which also has my review and some pictures if you look at the reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F8OBTXA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#Ask

I purchased the Husky Weather Beater's for the front and second rows (ITEM# 99151 for a 2016) and purchased a WeatherTech for the 3rd row because Husky didn't have the style I wanted for the 3rd row. I've very happy with all of them. Great fit and protection along with looking good at the same time. Make sure you ask the manufacturer if they fit a 2017 before ordering. I had an issue where the vendor indicated fit but I found out from Husky that there was a change from the 2015 version.

Husky (Front/2nd Row): https://www.huskyliners.com/Weather...r/t/durango-3rd-seat/2nd-bucket-with-3rd-seat
WeatherBeater (3rd Row): 2016 Dodge Durango | Floor Mats - WeatherTech Laser Measured FloorLiner | WeatherTech.com

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like the Aries cargo liner with the tri-fold design. One mat with 3rd row up or down. But Amazon indicates that it does NOT fit my 2017 Citadel. It only indicates a fit up to 2015 D. I find that a bit strange as I thought the Durango has been the same design inside and out since 2014. What could have changed in the interior after 2015? Do you think it's just a matter of Aries not having updated their database to include 2016 and 2017 model years?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really like the Aries cargo liner with the tri-fold design. One mat with 3rd row up or down. But Amazon indicates that it does NOT fit my 2017 Citadel. It only indicates a fit up to 2015 D. I find that a bit strange as I thought the Durango has been the same design inside and out since 2014. What could have changed in the interior after 2015? Do you think it's just a matter of Aries not having updated their database to include 2016 and 2017 model years?
I had the same issue when it came to Amazon stating it would not fit based on my vehicle selection on their web page. But as I stated, it fit my 2016 R/T just fine. Not sure if you looked at my review and pictures, but the pics show how they fit. Not sure if the 2017 is any different but Amazon usually is very good about returns. Good luck!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I think I'm going to try the 3d/Aries type myself, at some point.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same issue when it came to Amazon stating it would not fit based on my vehicle selection on their web page. But as I stated, it fit my 2016 R/T just fine. Not sure if you looked at my review and pictures, but the pics show how they fit. Not sure if the 2017 is any different but Amazon usually is very good about returns. Good luck!
Yes, I followed the link you posted and saw your pix. Thanks! But the black one is not sold by Amazon, so I was worried about returning. I found a gray one sold by Amazon with a different model number (DG0061301) and lower price. Amazon says it doesn't fit 2016 D, but Aries's web site indicates it fits 2016 Citadel with 7 seats. However, the picture on Aries's site shows a one-piece mat for behind 3rd row only. Yet Amazon's picture shows the same tri-fold design as your black mat. Not sure what's going on. I decided to take a chance and ordered it. I can always return to Amazon hassle-free if it doesn't fit. Will report back in a week or so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, I followed the link you posted and saw your pix. Thanks! But the black one is not sold by Amazon, so I was worried about returning. I found a gray one sold by Amazon with a different model number (DG0061301) and lower price. Amazon says it doesn't fit 2016 D, but Aries's web site indicates it fits 2016 Citadel with 7 seats. However, the picture on Aries's site shows a one-piece mat for behind 3rd row only. Yet Amazon's picture shows the same tri-fold design as your black mat. Not sure what's going on. I decided to take a chance and ordered it. I can always return to Amazon hassle-free if it doesn't fit. Will report back in a week or so.
I think you'll be fine. The one I ordered indicated it didn't fit my 2016 but did fit the 2015 and I'm very pleased with the fit on my Durango.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I just received the cargo mat from Amazon. It's the wrong mat. It's the one solid piece that only covers behind the 3rd row. Amazon evidently shows the wrong picture. Now I have to return it and order the full, tri-fold mat from the third-party seller on Amazon.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have both weather tech and husky weather beaters... The fitment of the husky is better...

but out you would need to buy 2 separate "cargo" liners... One with 3rd row down and one with 3rd down
I have Huskyliners for all 3 rows and the cargo area. If we use the 3rd row, which is not usual, we just fold it up. I have also found Huskyliners to fit better than Weathertechs. The Ares product looks interesting though, I had not heard of it before. I would say it is worth a look too

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I received the Husky Weather Beater floor liners for the first and second rows. After trimming off the small piece to fit around the second row mini-console, the liners fit perfectly. Thanks again for the recommendation!

Now I'm eagerly waiting for the Aries tri-fold cargo liner to arrive...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Received the Aries tri-fold cargo mat. It's not a perfect fit, because it doesn't have cutouts on the side for the third row seat belts. But overall it is pretty good. The design is flexible and allows it to remain in the car with the third row up or down, which is a major convenience. I've attached a couple of pictures here.

IMG_4533.jpg IMG_4534.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Aries 3D as we'll It is great- Things don't move at all. Fitment isn't perfect due to the 3rd row seatbelt but I absolutely love it. Easy to clean and things stay put.:-D

I purchased the Aries DG0071309 Black 3D Cargo Liner from Amazon for my 2016 R/T with captain's chairs ($101). Fits very well and I love the ability to fold it to fit behind the 3rd row if the 3rd row seating is being used. I had a full cargo cover in my Honda Pilot and I hated having to remove it completely when using the 3rd row seats. Below is a link which also has my review and some pictures if you look at the reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F8OBTXA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#Ask

I purchased the Husky Weather Beater's for the front and second rows (ITEM# 99151 for a 2016) and purchased a WeatherTech for the 3rd row because Husky didn't have the style I wanted for the 3rd row. I've very happy with all of them. Great fit and protection along with looking good at the same time. Make sure you ask the manufacturer if they fit a 2017 before ordering. I had an issue where the vendor indicated fit but I found out from Husky that there was a change from the 2015 version.

Husky (Front/2nd Row): https://www.huskyliners.com/Weather...r/t/durango-3rd-seat/2nd-bucket-with-3rd-seat
WeatherBeater (3rd Row): 2016 Dodge Durango | Floor Mats - WeatherTech Laser Measured FloorLiner | WeatherTech.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts