Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this issue? I am unable to program the garage door opener for my DDHC. I thought maybe the garage door opener memory was full so I erased it and started all over with the remotes. Every single one programmed back effortlessly except the DDHC.

I have tried everything; erasing the memory slots in the DDHC, programming a different button, I tried adding back the DDHC to the garage opener first....nothing works. I checked the user manual and YouTube video to ensure the programming instructions had not changed from the SRT and everything seems to be the same. I use a handheld opener, program one of the opener buttons in the DDHC then I set the garage door opener to learn mode then press the DDHC's button 3x for 2s each time and nothing happens.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Have you by any chance put LED light bulbs in your garage door opener since the last time you programmed it? Try unscrewing them while you are doing the programming with the Durango. The newer (especially cheaper) LED bulbs are known to put out a pretty strong RF noise that can prevent programming on some of the openers with Homelink. Once it's programmed you can most likely just screw the bulbs back in and you'll be fine. If you find it stops working again with the bulbs reinstalled, you will need to get different bulbs.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Has anyone else had this issue? I am unable to program the garage door opener for my DDHC. I thought maybe the garage door opener memory was full so I erased it and started all over with the remotes. Every single one programmed back effortlessly except the DDHC.

I have tried everything; erasing the memory slots in the DDHC, programming a different button, I tried adding back the DDHC to the garage opener first....nothing works. I checked the user manual and YouTube video to ensure the programming instructions had not changed from the SRT and everything seems to be the same. I use a handheld opener, program one of the opener buttons in the DDHC then I set the garage door opener to learn mode then press the DDHC's button 3x for 2s each time and nothing happens.
What year vehicles do you have? I know they changed the frequency for the openers at one point, if you have a new car and an old opener it may not work. Same with an older car and a new opener.

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T "SRT Design"
2016 Dodge Durango Limited

·
Registered
16 Posts
Take your hand held opener into the vehicle and use that to program the vehicle. Do not press the learn button on the opener.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Take your hand held opener into the vehicle and use that to program the vehicle. Do not press the learn button on the opener.
I had a bich of a time programming our 21 SRT. I actually had to bring the handheld into the vehicle pushing that button and the Durango one to be programmed. Then go to garage ceiling unit and press learn then back to vehicle and press the same one to be programmed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What year vehicles do you have? I know they changed the frequency for the openers at one point, if you have a new car and an old opener it may not work. Same with an older car and a new opener.

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T "SRT Design"
2016 Dodge Durango Limited
I have a 2013 GTR and 2021 Dodge Durango Hellcat. I had a 2018 DDSRT and it programmed with no problem.

My garage opener uses a rolling code, I have to press the learn button on the opener or it will not work. I have been programming different cars and remotes into that opener for the last 10yrs never had this problem before. The process was always the same for cars.....take the hand held opener, press it and the button in the car until the light flashed from slow to fast, then press the learn button on the garage door, then within 30s press the button in the car 2-3x. I even did the whole process from start to finish in my GTR and it worked first try....the DDHC; so far nothing has worked.

I had a bich of a time programming our 21 SRT. I actually had to bring the handheld into the vehicle pushing that button and the Durango one to be programmed. Then go to garage ceiling unit and press learn then back to vehicle and press the same one to be programmed.
Yes that's how you have to do it if you have a rolling code garage door opener like I do. You have to first program a handheld remote. Then take that remote into the car, press and hold it and the car's button until the car's light flashes fast, then go press the learn button on the opener, then within 30s go and press the open button in the car 2-3x and hold it each time for about 2s.

Have you by any chance put LED light bulbs in your garage door opener since the last time you programmed it? Try unscrewing them while you are doing the programming with the Durango. The newer (especially cheaper) LED bulbs are known to put out a pretty strong RF noise that can prevent programming on some of the openers with Homelink. Once it's programmed you can most likely just screw the bulbs back in and you'll be fine. If you find it stops working again with the bulbs reinstalled, you will need to get different bulbs.
No I have CFL bulbs in the garage. Also, I cleared the entire garage memory and reprogrammed 4 other remotes from start to finish and they all worked with no problem except the DDHC.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got it......I had to erase all of the Homelink buttons one more time, then do every step until the light on the Homelink goes completely out and at the end I had to press the Homelink button 5x during the learning mode for the garage opener even though all of the instructions say you only need to press it 3x.

All of the instructions stated wait until the Homelink light stops flashing and to only press it 3x. Instead I needed to press it 5x and wait until the light went out for each step.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts