Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently heard about comp cams releasing their new phase limiter cams with vvt and been watching a lot of vids on YouTube with chargers and challys having the 270 and the 274 cams on their 5.7l. The gains were amazing not to mention the sounds at idle. I also saw a few Rams running them too and was wondering if it was possible to have them on the Durango (rwd and awd). Has anybody tried purchasing them and installing them on their Durango? If so what would you need? (Aside from the MDS deletes). Really interested in this subject lol been imagining a the cam sound on my d every time I pull up to a stop light.

·
Administrator
8,067 Posts
I don't see why not.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The 274 is a dyno queen. It sounds good and makes good numbers on a dyno chart but they perform like crap on the street and strip. If you want a good cam, go with a custom grind and not an off-the-shelf cam, ESPECIALLY the 274!

Contact Dave Weber at Modern Muscle. He'll design a custom can with specs that will help your vehicle perform the way you want it to.

MDS can be turned off by a tuner even with your stock cam.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 274 is a dyno queen. It sounds good and makes good numbers on a dyno chart but they perform like crap on the street and strip. If you want a good cam, go with a custom grind and not an off-the-shelf cam, ESPECIALLY the 274!

Contact Dave Weber at Modern Muscle. He'll design a custom can with specs that will help your vehicle perform the way you want it to.

MDS can be turned off by a tuner even with your stock cam.

Sent using Tapatalk
m

I was thinking the same thing but I haven't heard any complaints regarding the 270 or the 274 in term of drivability and performance (with a good tune of course). Unfortunately I live in Kuwait so it will be quite difficult to get in touch with him unless I find a tuner here that has some good connections in the states that might be able to get in touch. I was also considering a camshaft from the 6.4 hemi srt or even the 6.1 if possible.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
m

I was thinking the same thing but I haven't heard any complaints regarding the 270 or the 274 in term of drivability and performance (with a good tune of course). Unfortunately I live in Kuwait so it will be quite difficult to get in touch with him unless I find a tuner here that has some good connections in the states that might be able to get in touch. I was also considering a camshaft from the 6.4 hemi srt or even the 6.1 if possible.
If you want to read some complaints, just look at a few of the LX or Hemi specific groups on FB. Mention the 274 cam on Hemi Shop Talk and you'll get flamed almost immediately. They just don't perform well on the street or strip, even if the dyno SWEARS it made power.

The stock 6.4 and 6.1 cams in a "performance based" 5.7 (according to some of the best Hemi builders in the industry) aren't even good enough to be a door stopper! Lol

Give Dave an email. He's worked with international customers before and I'm sure you can get someone to email tune you.

Sent using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts