Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!
I have a charcoal gray Durango Limited 2015. Where can I get the red calipers and what are the best all season tires for my Durango?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not sure about the caliper covers, but this thread has a ton of good current info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have MGP caliper covers on my granite crystal 2018 RT. They are red and say DR on them. They add a nice splash of color to her. Got them on amazon. But saw another thread on here about caliper covers a while back that showed some textured looking ones that looked really nice. Don't remember the brand tho. Just do some googling and I'm sure you will find something you like. Good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Guys!
I have a charcoal gray Durango Limited 2015. Where can I get the red calipers and what are the best all season tires for my Durango?
I recently decided to try Atturo Az800s and I have been extremely impressed. My Durango has a few mods and is fairly quick for an R/T. I have very little spin with these tires and they've been really great in wet weather as well. Stock size.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have MGP caliper covers on my granite crystal 2018 RT. They are red and say DR on them. They add a nice splash of color to her. Got them on amazon. But saw another thread on here about caliper covers a while back that showed some textured looking ones that looked really nice. Don't remember the brand tho. Just do some googling and I'm sure you will find something you like. Good luck
They say RT not DR. Lol.... AUTOSOMAL!

·
Registered
177 Posts
The other more textured ones are from CCI. Custom Concept Illusions. That's what I have on mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,
Unfortunately I can't comment on the best option for the calipers and brakes but I do have a question of my own.

I just recently noticed that my Rotors are running very hot. I just came back from a 10 mile trip and immediately washed the car and started with the tires/rims first. Once the water hit the rotors they started steaming which surprised me very much. Have you guys/girls noticed this issue with your Durangos?
I would like to add that I took off the front tires/rims to inspect for any problems/issues but it all seems fine to me. All 4 rotors are running hot.

By the way, I don't race my 2018 RT with 18K miles.

Please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hello All,
Unfortunately I can't comment on the best option for the calipers and brakes but I do have a question of my own.

I just recently noticed that my Rotors are running very hot. I just came back from a 10 mile trip and immediately washed the car and started with the tires/rims first. Once the water hit the rotors they started steaming which surprised me very much. Have you guys/girls noticed this issue with your Durangos?
I would like to add that I took off the front tires/rims to inspect for any problems/issues but it all seems fine to me. All 4 rotors are running hot.

Please let me know.
Thanks
If you immediately sprayed them down with water I don’t think it would be out of the ordinary at all that they steamed. Rotors get very hot just in the course of normal operation.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello All,

Please let me know.
Thanks
Yikes that’s one heck of a thread jack...
Should be under warranty, take it in!

·
Registered
179 Posts
No need to take it in, its basic science. Friction creates heat, cold water on a hot surface causes the water to vaporize.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys!
Using the MGP ones from Amazon for over 3 years (second Durango since '17 and '20 have same brakes). No issues and look better than paint. Easy install.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT, 392 Hemi, Eibach Coils, 22" Hellcat Reps, Corsa Exhaust
624 Posts
Hello All,

Please let me know.
Thanks
Haha! You called that an "issue". Cute.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT, 392 Hemi, Eibach Coils, 22" Hellcat Reps, Corsa Exhaust
624 Posts
Hi Guys!
You can get actual red calipers from power stop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts