Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Just got off the phone with Justin @ LagunaSpeed.com and he was able to create some awesome prices for the caliper covers. Details are below but first I want to provide all of you with details on installation so everyone knows what's involved. It's important so make sure you read up!

The covers are attached to the caliper via 3M industrial/construction grade adhesive VHB tape. Now this isn't your run of the mill sticky stuff. In fact, it's adhesive properties increase as heat increases. Justin tells me that it's the next best thing to a permanent install and those who have them have been running them for well over a year and none have loosened or fell off. Best of all, it'll not interfere with pad changes. Recomended cure time for the tape is 72 hours @ 70degrees. So when installed make sure you can let the truck sit overnight before driving. Also, use brake parts cleaner to thoroughly clean the surface of the calipers.

The creative possibilities of these covers is endless! Get the aluminum version to paint them any color you want, have them airbrushed with graphics, flames, domed logos? whatever!

The group buy prices apply specifically to all model year Durangos, Dakotas, and Rams that have either 2 or 4 disc brakes. If you're interested in obtaining a set for another model car/truck, you need to call Justin yourself for pricing @ 877-660-6676.

Here's the pricing schedule:

4 Cover Kit:
Aluminum Finish: $170/kit
Powder Coated (blk, ylw, red): $190/kit
(waiting for prices on carbon fiber)

2 Cover Kit:
Aluminum Finish: $90/kit
Powder Coated (blk, ylw, red): $100/kit
(waiting for prices on carbon fiber)

There's a minimum of 10 orders needed to receive the special pricing. Once 10 is reached, they'll be shipped and the special group buy pricing will be opened up indefinitely for all future orders. Additionally, there's a flat $15 shipping. Here's the link to the web site:

http://www.lagunaspeed.com/index.cfm?mod=product&id_prd=631

Justin's e-mail: [email protected]

Any questions feel free to post here or e-mail myself or Justin directly.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
great work John nice price count me in let me know when you get a price for carbon fiber look

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys, my covers arrived today!! These things look awesome!! I plan to install them soon. Just waiting for my new rotors to get here.

I took some pictures so you can get an idea of size and what comes in the kit.

Still waiting on prices on the CF version. Should know something by tonight or tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
John is the tape already on cover? just thinking I could coat them myself if tape isn't on there

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PA Durango said:
John is the tape already on cover? just thinking I could coat them myself if tape isn't on there
Nope, you put the tape on yourself, (see pic above.) This way you can place it where there's the most contact between the cover and the caliper.

·
Registered
52 Posts
thanks that great that's what I was thinking when I saw picture

1 - 13 of 13 Posts