Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like this may have already been discussed, but has anyone swapped R/T brakes to the Brembo brake setup from SRT model Durango?

2020 Dodge Durango R/T AWD White Knuckle

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes, it's plug and play. Also same part are on SRT Jeeps. Night and Day difference in braking power even over the HD setup.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's plug and play. Also same part are on SRT Jeeps. Night and Day difference in braking power even over the HD setup.

So is it just rotors and calipers or do you have to get new master cylinder, hoses, spindle brackets and/or spindles?

2020 Dodge Durango R/T AWD White Knuckle

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just rotors and calipers. And pads of course. Same brake lines. Must have wheels that will clear the larger calipers.
I initially used spacers with stock wheels and then got hellcat replicas when I was offered a deal on them.
You can find all this info in search the forum.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I saw the entire kit (front and rear) recently for sale on eBay. There is a Dodge dealership selling the kit for Durango's and Jeep Grand Jerokee's with the 5.7 Hemi engine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got mine as refurbished calipers from AutoZone and rock Auto. Cost me $300 for 3 of the calipers and another $300 for the 4th.
One thing to check on refurbs, is that some of them discard the crossover line for the rear calipers. I had to make my own from a brake line and a couple of flare fittings. Wasn't bad but annoying.
Rotors, that's a personal choice, you can get them in any variety, you wallet is the limiting factor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts