Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took delivery of a 2018 Dodge Durango (just came out of a 2015 Durango and loved it) and the day I took delivery, the truck already has problems.

1. Heated Steering and seat goes on by itself and I can't shut it off.
2. Music goes in and out
3. Lane Departure stops working
4. Tailgate randomly doesn't work (inside button, tailgate switch or remote).
5. Rear and forward object detection doesn't work.
6. Each day, another item comes up.

I already gave it in twice and the dealer is telling me that FCA knows about this issue since before June but has no software update yet. They wouldn't take the car back, claiming that there's no way they could have known the issue and besides, they titled the car already.

I'm stuck driving a car that has a mind of it's own. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,296 Posts
How long have you had it?

Just keep taking it back in until you can "Lemon" it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've had mine just shy of a year now (early MY '18 build) and have had no issues. Suggest you disconnect the battery, wait a little while & reconnect it.
That will force all the modules & computers to reboot. You will lose all your settings, but it's worth a shot considering the number of issues you seem to be having.

Reactions: DuRonbo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I may as well give it a try. The dealer completely rebooted the system and it worked well for five minutes. Perhaps the disconnect will work.

·
Super Moderator
13,030 Posts
Definitely start looking into your state's lemon laws.
There may be a specific sequence of actions you have to take to trigger it. Time to start taking those actions.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
That sucks, I'd be pissed! I picked up my 18 July 12, and other than one time the tailgate acting funky I haven't had any issues. Hope you get it squared away.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,296 Posts
Is the Dealer claiming a Software Update is needed but not available? Dealer claims FCA is dragging their feet on this? Sounds like they're just blowing you off.

Are you able to take it into another dealer for a 2nd Opinion? Not sure if more than one Dealer is in your area. Just a thought.

Otherwise I stand by my original response. Prepare to "Lemon" it. That's unacceptable on a new vehicle, especially at that price point. It's pretty much undriveable from your description.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had mine just shy of a year now (early MY '18 build) and have had no issues. Suggest you disconnect the battery, wait a little while & reconnect it.
That will force all the modules & computers to reboot. You will lose all your settings, but it's worth a shot considering the number of issues you seem to be having.
I disconnected the battery and reset everything yesterday- lost a bunch of functionality (which ultimately came back a few hours later). Problems still there. Gave the car in to the dealer today- fingers crossed that they fix it properly.

·
Registered
430 Posts
How can they give you the car back claiming the future update will take care of things? A number of things on your list make the car (almost) non-driveable. Do not pick it up until it is fixed, plain and simple. If the dealer is refusing to help, escalate further up.

·
Registered
690 Posts
^^^ What Szy said !!

Lots of folks here with '18 R/T's and no one has reported anything like this happening to their cars. So, I doubt this is some sort of software glitch or others would be complaining.
If the dealer continues to drag their feet, time to call FCA and get help.
Be sure to mention (don't be an ass about it, but mention it!) you are tracking every repair attempt & the number of days out of service & will file a lemon law claim if it's not repaired !
Get out your LL booklet that came with the car & read up on your states criteria for filing a claim !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would go to social Media with your problem! Companies hate to see their products talked about in a negative way on social media! Just simply explain your situation and inquire if anyone else is having the same problems. Make sure you list the times you took the DD back for service ands the lame excuses they gave you for the problems! I can almost guarantee you will get a response from corporate and have some sort of resolution.

Keep Us Posted!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts