Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
They most likely pulled of your high end factory equipment and put this junk on. You can almost buy a full set of front and rear rotors and pads for one set of factory pads. look on the rotor there may be some type of number label then call power stop and see if that's an item that they carry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The whole Bondurant story is bogus.

Those guys wouldn't downgrade to inferior brakes.

Also they have a very special deal with FCA that affords them deep discounts on vehicles and a dealer wouldn't have anything to do with it other than delivering the vehicle.

Some employee pulled a fast one and tossed the good stuff on his car, period.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok, update 2. Got in touch with the dealer and they admit that they changed out the OEM pads and rotors for the Power Stop set up. They also changed out the fluid to synthetic brake fluid, and swapped out the Pirellis, for Goodyear Eagle Sport.
Now with all of that information, they are going to do the rear rotors for free and refund me half of what I paid for the front brake job. At this point, I cant complain, as i get to keep all 4 of the Power Stop rotors in case I ever need them. Thanks to SRT for leading me in the right direction and helping me gather the information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
They most likely pulled of your high end factory equipment and put this junk on. You can almost buy a full set of front and rear rotors and pads for one set of factory pads. look on the rotor there may be some type of number label then call power stop and see if that's an item that they carry.

View attachment 108747
yup thats whats on there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2018 Durango SRT with 6500 miles on the clock. I took the truck to the dealer last week for some steering wheel shake when braking (warped rotors id guess).
of course they said i'm out of the warranty (12 months 12k miles on brake stuff, and the truck is 16 months old) i'm ok with the warranty policy. The issue I have is that they replaced the front rotors $630 pr) and pads ($497) for a brake job that cost me $1127 plus tax.
2 issues, i think that $497 for pads is ridiculous, and the rotors were replaced with a different unmatched rotor (see pics)
My original rotors are the ones pictured (rears) drilled and slotted, the replacements are slotted only, and only 4 slots on the rotor. Service says this is what Dodge says belongs on the truck, yet it came with the drilled and slotted rotors. do any of you guys have the drilled and slotted or are they all slotted now? Service manager said there was a part number change, likely from the drilled to the ones I now have. I told the dealer to put the old ones back on since they don't match (ill deal with the minor rotor shake), but they don't want to do that and offered to do the rears for no charge. The last thing i want to do is replace brakes every 6500 miles What do you guys have for rotors, and your thoughts?
View attachment 108703 View attachment 108704
I had the same problem but mine was at 30000 miles

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love to use the paddle shifters and downshift to 4k to let everyone near me know I'm slowing down :-D
I’m still on the original brakes & tires at 30K on my 2018 SRT. They started squeaking at about 12K miles but that eventually stopped. I too use downshifting to about 3500 to slow down. Once you’re around 2000 rpm you can drop it a gear to get some good deceleration and only get a 3500 rpm blip. I am not changing my brakes and rotors until I get very low or even see scaring on the rotors. I’ll change out the front then. Backs will likely get 40 to 50k with my downshift braking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Durango SRT with 6500 miles on the clock. I took the truck to the dealer last week for some steering wheel shake when braking (warped rotors id guess).
of course they said i'm out of the warranty (12 months 12k miles on brake stuff, and the truck is 16 months old) i'm ok with the warranty policy. The issue I have is that they replaced the front rotors $630 pr) and pads ($497) for a brake job that cost me $1127 plus tax.
2 issues, i think that $497 for pads is ridiculous, and the rotors were replaced with a different unmatched rotor (see pics)
My original rotors are the ones pictured (rears) drilled and slotted, the replacements are slotted only, and only 4 slots on the rotor. Service says this is what Dodge says belongs on the truck, yet it came with the drilled and slotted rotors. do any of you guys have the drilled and slotted or are they all slotted now? Service manager said there was a part number change, likely from the drilled to the ones I now have. I told the dealer to put the old ones back on since they don't match (ill deal with the minor rotor shake), but they don't want to do that and offered to do the rears for no charge. The last thing i want to do is replace brakes every 6500 miles What do you guys have for rotors, and your thoughts?
Hello I just replaced front & rear on my 2004 they came solid from factory .But I replaced with slotted & holes .They work great .And yes they are charging you to much money to do brakes .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Un

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hopefully FCA tracks this board. Too many questions here. With my wife driving (brake test every stop, albeit relatively low speed), replaced the front rotors and pads at around 22k on the odo. Im not as concerned about the price...you could have save a few bucks sure by skipping the Brembo brand stuff and going to an independent, etc etc. My question is why so soon and as others point out, why didnt the vehicle come with the OEM equipment. While I’d like to see better pictures, the rear rotors look like they’re solid rotors drilled and slotted? Seems highly unlikely they’d swap out the parts at the factory And that Bondurant probably has a shop that swaps out the fluid and pads before placing the vehicles in the service pool. Just my 2cents

21 - 29 of 29 Posts