Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Durango SRT with 6500 miles on the clock. I took the truck to the dealer last week for some steering wheel shake when braking (warped rotors id guess).
of course they said i'm out of the warranty (12 months 12k miles on brake stuff, and the truck is 16 months old) i'm ok with the warranty policy. The issue I have is that they replaced the front rotors $630 pr) and pads ($497) for a brake job that cost me $1127 plus tax.
2 issues, i think that $497 for pads is ridiculous, and the rotors were replaced with a different unmatched rotor (see pics)
My original rotors are the ones pictured (rears) drilled and slotted, the replacements are slotted only, and only 4 slots on the rotor. Service says this is what Dodge says belongs on the truck, yet it came with the drilled and slotted rotors. do any of you guys have the drilled and slotted or are they all slotted now? Service manager said there was a part number change, likely from the drilled to the ones I now have. I told the dealer to put the old ones back on since they don't match (ill deal with the minor rotor shake), but they don't want to do that and offered to do the rears for no charge. The last thing i want to do is replace brakes every 6500 miles What do you guys have for rotors, and your thoughts?
20200113_110412.jpg 20200113_110405.jpg

·
Registered
136 Posts
I ordered my '19 and it came with the solid rotors with just a couple slots. I know for the '19's there was no option for drilled and slotted.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The rears you had were not correct. The only option I have seen is the ones with the 4 slots. And cross drilled are shit anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the rears are not correct, how did I buy a brand new truck with them? The dealer I had the service done at is the dealer that sold me the truck and I doubt they were changing out rotors on brand new vehicles. The dealer and I are baffled at this one.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The truck was on the assembly line and they ran out of rotors and dug up some and through them on . If they warped that quickly they were garbage unless you were really hammering the breaks

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
MM:
That sounds pretty weird. If it came off the car carrier like that, it's not the dealer's doing. I think I would call corporate, and say WTH? The SRT brakes are pricey to start with. If they built the truck with the wrong parts, they (FCA) should make it right at no charge IMO.

$1200 for brakes/rotors at one end is crazy! Speed does cost money, but it's not a freakin Porsche or Ferrari.

Don

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MM:
That sounds pretty weird. If it came off the car carrier like that, it's not the dealer's doing. I think I would call corporate, and say WTH? The SRT brakes are pricey to start with. If they built the truck with the wrong parts, they (FCA) should make it right at no charge IMO.

$1200 for brakes/rotors at one end is crazy! Speed does cost money, but it's not a freakin Porsche or Ferrari.

Don
yea 1200 is ridiculous, the $500 for the pads is the part that's insane to me

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok status update.
I found out that the person that originally was going to buy my truck was the Bondurant driving school but backed out of that vehicle.
Apparently, the dealership will modify the vehicle with things like, upgraded brakes, suspension, and even hi flow air filters for Bondurant.
That explains the brake rotor issue. Now, because of this very little known issue with parts swapping, I will just have mismatched rotors and now will have to pay for the rears if I want them to be the same as the fronts. So basically, the dealer switched out the brakes, from the OEM stock ones, and its now my problem to pay to get them correct. I think I shouldn't have had to pay the $1200 either at this point. should I call FCA about this?
:unsure:

·
Registered
136 Posts
IF you still have all the paperwork from when you bought it, I'd look to see if there was any mention of the brake change. Based on what you find call FCA and the SRT team and see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Totally ridiculous! If the dealer did not disclose to you that they had swapped pads and rotors, you demand they install the oem parts ASAP. Also call SRT and open a case with them... They will take care of you I am sure.

·
Registered
276 Posts
yeah if they sold you a modded car and they didn't tell you, then I would get the whole friggin world involved. That mod effects resale, warranty, serviceability, everything. I would pound the table for exactly what was set out in the sales agreement.

If the sales agreement just specifies a new 2018 Durango SRT with your VIN number, the word NEW implies unmodded even though your VIN number implies that you are agreeing to that car. If, however, there is some other wording in the agreement (and dealers are usually not clueless in this regard; they know how to cover themselves), it may change things. Curious as to what the agreement actually says......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IF you still have all the paperwork from when you bought it, I'd look to see if there was any mention of the brake change. Based on what you find call FCA and the SRT team and see what they can do for you.
There is nothing anywhere about the parts change, not noted on the window sticker (dealer add on sticker) or on any paperwork at all. kind of leaves me with nothing to go on to show FCA or SRT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also why is Brembo on the back brakes so faded?

Somethings up!

I asked the same thing as well, one side (reear) is perfect, the other is faded pretty bad. They said im cleaning them with harsh chemicals. If that were the case, id have all 4 like that but only one is. fml

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is nothing anywhere about the parts change, not noted on the window sticker (dealer add on sticker) or on any paperwork at all. kind of leaves me with nothing to go on to show FCA or SRT
Just call SRT and explain everything. They will get you handled

·
Registered
271 Posts
Get the build sheet for your vin # the dealer should get a slap on the wrist for sure and you should not have to pay for the brakes . I would be pissed find out what brand rotors they put on, I bet what they put on was a fraction of the price that's why they are trashed already.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts