Dodge Durango Forum banner

Brake Bleed Nipple (Specification)

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pridbor 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anybody have an idea which size the brake nipples are on our DD? Metric or ? and what thread?

I'm considering installing the anti return types for easy brake fluid replacement and BTW how often do you do yours?

And since nobody responded yet: what fluid type is required? OK so I will go out to the car and see if it's specified in the user's manual :)
I previously used Ate "Blue" and "Amber" colored alternated; this is such that I could tell when I had replaced the fluid, it changes to a different color.

Thanks

Preben

#2 ·
Reactions: pridbor
#3 ·
No more blue tinted ATE (Super Blue), has to be clear or amber to be sold in the US. Sometimes you can find a Euro seller on Ebay. I didn't look on the fluid spec, but why not just use DOT 4?

Regarding the bleeder size (saying nipple makes me giggle...I'm actually 10 years old) if you're a DIY fluid exchanger, you really should consider a Motive Products power bleeder. The days of pumping the pedal 173 times are over for me.

#4 ·
It's been a while since I last looked into brake fluids and my memory told me that Dot 4 was the silicone and I didn't want that. But your response caused me to check and it's Dot 5 that's the Silicone, so thanks for the suggestion!

Preben

Reactions: jbawden
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.