Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 14 durango rt and I really like that borla Attack exaust. The problem is I'm only finding the borla touring exhaust for the durango. Has anybody installed this attack on their durango before and did you have to modify it to fit?
:confused:
Dwayne

Plainfield - Illinois

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Hey guys I have a 14 durango rt and I really like that borla Attack exaust. The problem is I'm only finding the borla touring exhaust for the durango. Has anybody installed this attack on their durango before and did you have to modify it to fit?
:confused:
Dwayne

Plainfield - Illinois
Dwayne, I live in Plainfield. I am not sure where you live, but if you want an aggressive sounding exhaust for a good price, the merlins in Joliet on Larkin has an amazing setup for the Durango. My friend from Church has a limited with it. It cost him $650 installed.

I believe it's 3" pipes from the headers back, reverse glass packs and 3" or 3.5 tips. AMAZING sounding with no drone.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I don't believe they make the ATAK for the Durango. I believe the "loudest" sound level they make is the Sport.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dwayne, I live in Plainfield. I am not sure where you live, but if you want an aggressive sounding exhaust for a good price, the merlins in Joliet on Larkin has an amazing setup for the Durango. My friend from Church has a limited with it. It cost him $650 installed.

I believe it's 3" pipes from the headers back, reverse glass packs and 3" or 3.5 tips. AMAZING sounding with no drone.
That's awesome Paul. I'm actually right near 59 and Caton farm rd. I know joliet pretty well so I will check that out.. it gives a better sound than the stock rt exhaust? And I'm assuming it doesn't void the warranty?

Ps.. I too have a red 2014 rt !!

DWAYNE

Attachments

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
That's awesome Paul. I'm actually right near 59 and Caton farm rd. I know joliet pretty well so I will check that out.. it gives a better sound than the stock rt exhaust? And I'm assuming it doesn't void the warranty?

Ps.. I too have a red 2014 rt !!

DWAYNE
I forgot to say in my reply, it is WAY more aggressive than the R/T exhaust. Amazing sound.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I forgot to say in my reply, it is WAY more aggressive than the R/T exhaust. Amazing sound.
Would you happen to have video or at least a sound clip?

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
I don't believe they make the ATAK for the Durango. I believe the "loudest" sound level they make is the Sport.
Correct - they only developed the Sport model when we worked with them. They may have looked at it, but the acoustics of the D may have not worked that well on the Atak. The exhaust was developed on a Citadel, which has more sound-deadening insulation in it than an R/T, so if they found it was too loud on that, it would be louder on an R/T. Best bet would be to reach out to Corsa directly and ask if they would do a one-off as a direct ship. Believe Sean's contact info is still in the original corsa group buy thread... Good luck, whichever route you go

Kevin

·
Registered
284 Posts
Correct - they only developed the Sport model when we worked with them. They may have looked at it, but the acoustics of the D may have not worked that well on the Atak. The exhaust was developed on a Citadel, which has more sound-deadening insulation in it than an R/T, so if they found it was too loud on that, it would be louder on an R/T. Best bet would be to reach out to Corsa directly and ask if they would do a one-off as a direct ship. Believe Sean's contact info is still in the original corsa group buy thread... Good luck, whichever route you go

Kevin
I think there may be some confusion, the OP is asking about the Borla exhaust not the Corsa exhaust. Corsa Exhaust has three levels but only one for the Durango and that is the Sport model

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
I think there may be some confusion, the OP is asking about the Borla exhaust not the Corsa exhaust. Corsa Exhaust has three levels but only one for the Durango and that is the Sport model
Pardon me for being a bonehead, folks. I'll exit stage left now....

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
Now that Clifford is gone, I notice that I am missing a few brain cells, I really should have gotten a REDLINE RED...
That's because you keep slamming your head into the headrest when you hit the gas in the people eater. I don't even have that excuse

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Paul... small world we live in... I happened to run in to your friend from church a little bit ago in Romeoville. That exhaust is MEAN!!!! I'm convinced... and definitely will be running by merlins to get one for my r/t!

Dwayne

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
WOW, sounds bad a$$ ... what is the sound like from the inside? I take 6 hour trips pretty often and make many phone calls while driving, I would need something kind of quite at 80 mph cruise
Not bad. Its not that loud

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Paul... small world we live in... I happened to run in to your friend from church a little bit ago in Romeoville. That exhaust is MEAN!!!! I'm convinced... and definitely will be running by merlins to get one for my r/t!

Dwayne
That's awesome. Those guys down there are awesome

1 - 19 of 19 Posts