Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 RT Destroyer Grey Blacktop
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just installed my new catch can. The hose fittings seem loose when inserting them into the stock rubber bushings. Did anyone have to do anything to tighten the fit or is a loose fit ok?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just wrapped some electrical tape for now. Hopefully BT hits me back with how they are going to fix this issue. I rather have the proper fitting....

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had the same problem with UPR catch can. They recommended a zip tie on each barb fitting. Its all covered with the plastic engine cover. Worked like a charm.

Reactions: YoItsMe

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey guys I just installed my new catch can. The hose fittings seem loose when inserting them into the stock rubber bushings. Did anyone have to do anything to tighten the fit or is a loose fit ok?
To answer your question, no I did not. I ordered the plain rubber hose tho. Still should have been right up against the barb. I understand the risk of pulling off is low, but I don’t expect to PAY for loose ends!

Reactions: YoItsMe

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To answer your question, no I did not. I ordered the plain rubber hose tho. Still should have been right up against the barb. I understand the risk of pulling off is low, but I don’t expect to PAY for loose ends!
Yea I am with you. I paid almost $300 for this thing and waited almost 4 months to get it. Then for it not to be a perfect fit. I really didn’t like that I had to modify my pcm cover either....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Use a spring clamp on the hoses if you're concerned.

To be fair, I warned you a while back about the need to modify the PCM cover. I think BT makes very nice anodized bits, but that seems to be their only area of expertise, not a fan.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just looked at my install, take off the short rubber house and the barbed end and just connect the braided hose direct to that port. It's a snug fit and eliminates the clunky connection
(and its hidden by the cover anyway).

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just looked at my install, take off the short rubber house and the barbed end and just connect the braided hose direct to that port. It's a snug fit and eliminates the clunky connection View attachment 112085 (and its hidden by the cover anyway).
This is what I did also. Fit was snug, I recently took the catch can off my 2018 cause I sold it. I had to give it a lil twist to get the hose off. Was on there 3 years no issues.

Regarding the need to modify the ecm cover, these mount the same on JGC and Durango. Jeep has no ecm cover, I think the Durango didn't either before the vented hoods became available.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They sent me the proper fittings. All is as advertised now. I

1 - 10 of 10 Posts