Dodge Durango Forum banner

Beats Audio availability

Tags
beats order
17K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  chromedout 
#1 ·
Howdy, I'm new here and getting ready to plunk down on a 2015 Durango. Still have a few things to figure out, but hope to have something to post in the I've Ordered my Durango thread soon. (or better yet, I've got my D)

So, back to the subject of this thread, does anybody know when the 2015 builds will start including the Beats Audio system?

Also, and this should probably be in another thread, but any insiders maybe know what the lead time is for orders right now? Pretty sure the dealer will just always tell me it's 6 to 8 weeks, but I have the sense it varies.

#6 ·
Based on what I've read, Beats really isn't worth the wait. It may be slightly better than the current Alpine (or equal), but still a night & day difference between it, and the H/K systems. Beats has been available in other platforms (300, Charger, etc) for a few years. Go listen in them. It will give you an idea if it's worth the wait. I've seen the Beats speakers on ebay. They definitely didn't look special. They looked like the same horrible drivers as in the Alpine systems. I'm guessing the amp and processing are slightly different.

#8 ·
I haven't heard the Beats system yet, but I'd think the Alpine is more of a classic high-fedelity setup while the Beats system will emphasize SPL and bass more. For this reason, I'm mainly interested in how the Beats system will handle the subwoofer, as I imagine it will use a 10-12" sub vs the 8" in the Apline system. That's my only real complaint with the Alpine system in my 12 - not enough punch in the sub.

#9 ·
BEATS uses same 8" sub at least that is what it was on display in NY at auto show.
STEVE

#10 ·
My Charger had the stock 6 speaker Alpine system. I replaced all 6 with Infinity Reference speakers (no sub in the car at all). It sounded better than a Charger with Beats that I test drove awhile later.
I'm not saying you shouldn't get the Beats system, but you may be able to rival it or beat it with just some factory replacement units.

#11 ·
Update (last week) from the other site is that ordering for Beats in the Durango opens 5/12, with build starting in late June.

YMMV.

...tom

#14 ·
I'm doing my best to win that race...

#16 · (Edited)
Sounds like a fair deal, similarly equipped to the one I ordered.

I maybe might possibly think about replacing the speakers with some aftermarket drivers if i thought I could do so without breaking something or scarring up the interior. How do you guys know how to do that? Is there a manual I can get?

And good luck on the ordering process tomorrow, Doctor. It will be YOUR day and I hope for the best. I drank lots of coffee at the dealer to offset the cost when I ordered mine :]

And I don't know if it applies to you but I traded in an STi for the D. And I could not be happier.

Edit: Except one thing. I forgot and left about $20-$30 in quarters and dimes in the change cup in the STi when I traded it in. And the D does not appear to have a similar one.

#20 · (Edited)
Just ordered my AWD R/T
Tech, DVD, sunroof, tow, nav, DVD, Nappa, white with red leather 52,710 Msrp and sale price of 47,129

Concerning thing is the fact that going through the factory order system it says NOTHING ABOUT BEATS!

What is the deal here? Any other orders get told they are getting Beats or are we just assuming.

UPDATE, MY DEALER FOUND FACTORY ORDER PAPERWORK REISSUED 5/14/15 stating clearly the BEATS AUDIO PACKAGE IS NOW A STD FEATURE IN THE R/T!

Let the waiting begin! My second Chrysler coming to me with a window sticker with my name printed on it!

#21 ·
Crazy situation, but my service dept slammed my one month old Citadel into a wall as they were driving it back to the bay simply to get the spare key fob reprogrammed last week. I was so pissed!!!!!! Front end completely smashed, service lady went to hospital. Anyway, they ordered me a new one to replace the one they wrecked (since I made it very clear that I wasn't accepting that one back) yesterday and I added the beats option since it was available. It was an extra $495 to add that upgrade. Bad thing is, now I've got to wait 2 months. They did put me in one of their new Citadels on the lot while I have to wait for the order to come in, so at least I'm not driving a cheap rental car in the meantime.

#23 ·
She was about to back it up into a parking space in front of the service bays, and then instead of going backward she went forward instead of backward and slammed it right into the wall between the bays. Crazy thing is, I was standing at the receipt area where they first accept your car (before they drive it back to get worked on), and I watched her drive it the 50 yards or so through the parking lot to the other set of bays. While she pulled away, I was just fixated on my car (probably sounds weird but sometimes it's nice to see your car from the outside when it is being driven, so you can get a different perspective on it and validate it's "coolness" :)) and was and admiring how sharp it looked and how thankful I was that I went ahead and finally purchased it.....we'll that was shortlived. The last 20 yards she was out of my view and that's when I heard a loud CRASH. Then a mass exodus of employees start walking toward the area where she was driving it to.....I was actually in disbelief that it could have possibly been my car. So I followed and when I got within view, the front of my car is compressed at a 45degree angle into the outside of the service bay wall. It actually made me sick to my stomach to see that. May sound weird but it was a pretty traumatic experience seeing that, because of how excited I've been about the car, and all the things I did to the car in the first month. Many times when I see a Durango now and then while I'm driving, I still get a flashback of my car stuffed into the wall. I will say that the dealer is taking care of me pretty well though. I'm just worried about future service visits on my new car and how paranoid I'll be whenever I take it in for routine service and a service tech gets in my vehicle :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.