Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2017 Citadel. I purchased it brand new, have had it about 2 years now. My ac always worked perfect. About 2 months ago I noticed that while in automatic ac control the ac no longer got cold, it was also very humid. Almost like the recirculation wasnt on (when ac on low). Took it into dealership and they said this was normal. This is not normal. Ac no longer controls the humidity, it no longer cools, heats up but not well. This is only in auto mode. What can it be?

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
BM:
I seem to recall someone mentioning a humidity sensor (or similar). I would not accept their explanation. Don't allow them to push you off until it's no longer under warranty.

Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havnt and I wont. I will even take it somewhere if needed. They already replaced the humidity sensor and the actuators for the bend doors and still nothing.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
If one dealer does not take you seriously, then go to another. The warranty is good at any of them.
Good luck!

Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats my plan. Just wanted to have an argument ready. Today it was so bad you couldnt see out of any of the windows. I am just going to push to have the whole ac replaced.

·
Super Moderator
12,625 Posts
Unlikely anyone will replace the "whole AC" .. that's a huge job, almost easier to replace the vehicle.

It works OK in manual mode?
When you set it to a fairly low temp in auto mode, does the fan crank yet the air isn't cooled?

As far as I can tell, there are four sensors involved in auto mode:
  • in-car temperature sensor
  • air outlet temperature sensor (possibly several of these)
  • sun sensor
  • ambient temperature sensor
All but the in-car sensor can allegedly be diagnosed with a dealer scan tool, but the instructions (at least in my '14 GC FSM) are not clear.

I assume they scanned for any DTCs stored in the HVAC control system..

·
Super Moderator
12,625 Posts
If manual mode works correctly, IMHO that set of sensors needs to be looked at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts