Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2017 durango. Absolutely love it. Came with the 8.4 inch screen but no apple car play. Is there a simple and reliable way to add apple car play? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just purchased a 2017 durango. Absolutely love it. Came with the 8.4 inch screen but no apple car play. Is there a simple and reliable way to add apple car play? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to help!

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to help!

Alison
DodgeCares
I have not visited the dealer yet. My understanding is that in the 2017 Durangos that have the larger screen that apple car play comes standard. Do you know if this is correct? Any info you may have would be most appreciated! Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am 95% certain that Car Play and Android Auto started in 2018's with the 8.4 Screens. There are a bunch of people that have upgraded their pre-2018's to the 2018 and up head units and got Car Play to work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not visited the dealer yet. My understanding is that in the 2017 Durangos that have the larger screen that apple car play comes standard. Do you know if this is correct? Any info you may have would be most appreciated! Thank you in advance.
I would be happy to check for you. Can you please send me your VIN?

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Durango R/T AWD Blacktop Edition
47 Posts
Pretty sure, as others have said, that you'd have to upgrade to a 2018+ UConnect system. I found a video a while back when I was thinking about doing it but never followed through.

Here you go, bud:

And here's the link to what you'll need: 2014-2020 Dodge Durango GPS Navigation 8.4 4C NAV UAQ Radio with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto

If you order, be sure to include your VIN number so they'll include the updated USB hub for the new unit. The updated hub removes the SD card slot and replaces it with a second USB port.

Alison
DodgeCares
I had no idea that DodgeCares had an account here. Good to know!

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Durango R/T AWD Blacktop Edition
47 Posts
Pretty sure, as others have said, that you'd have to upgrade to a 2018+ UConnect system. I found a video a while back when I was thinking about doing it but never followed through.
Also I personally can't justify spending $1,600 on a factory head unit just for CarPlay, but that's just me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts