Dodge Durango Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Some lady did it on the Facebook pages. No confirmation on if the manual mod works. She bought and entire center console off eBay and swapped the whole thing. It’s all plug n play.

--
2017 Dodge Durango AWD R/T Granite Blacktop

Performance
SRT Air Box, K&N Intake Tube, K&N Filter, Fastman 86mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, 180° Thermostat, Billet Tech Catch Can, Corsa Catback, Grocery Getter Strut Brace, Diablosport Trinity, Jay Greene PCM/TCM Tune

Appearance/Interior
SRT Hood, Gorilla Black Lugs, Luxe Taillight Tint, Front Windows 15% Ceramic Tint, Yellow Fog Lights, Weather Tech Floor Liners, Mopar Grille Emblem, Steering Wheel AUX Buttons, Tazer

DiabloSport Trinity Times 0-60 5.17, 1/4 13.77

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good morning everyone,
Does anyone know the "interchangeability" of the clusters? A few years ago we built an SRT-8 Jeep Commander. The suspension was taken from an SRT-8 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the engine was built with the aluminum block from Mopar, and the transmission was the standard NAG-1. The PCM and BCM were standard SRT-8 Grand Cherokee with the vehicle's VIN programmed in. The cluster was from an SRT-8 Grand Cherokee and was plug and play. Again, the cluster was programmed with the Commander's VIN and mileage at the time. So, I just purchased an 18 DDRT and would like to swap in the cluster from an SRT-8 Grand Cherokee. The connector, signal lines, and mounting are the same. Anyone know whether this will be plug and play? I reached out to some Chrysler Engineers and have not heard back yet.

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
2020 Durango R/T
11 Posts
I agree in the not taking on a big payment and loose one's butt on a trade up to SRT.
I like the idea of a 6.4L swap is it can be done for reasonable cost as I believe that would yield less problems than trying to build one out of a 5.7L.

If the 3.45's can be swapped in front and rear, should provide a nice boost to pickup and spits the difference between the R/T 3.09 and the SRT 3.70's.

On the Vette, a Hemi engine would be different, but I think it would be easier to install a LS engine...probably kits out there and should easily be an even swap for a late Hemi.
I think a 6.4L swap would be easiest. From what I can determine everything is the same (wiring, etc.) as the 5.7. You would need an ECM, probably exhaust. Maybe some other minor things. Of course that depends on what you want to get out of it. An R/T sleeper would be be best for me.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts