Dodge Durango Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts
I'm thinking it will be around $4-5K option going by what some of the Chally packages are priced at.
If Dodge wants to sell a good number of the Tow N Go packages to R/T buyers keeping the package at $5,000 or less would make a lot of sense. Otherwise buyers might opt to move up to the SRT or not purchase the package at all.

The other way of looking at it is that the tow n go package effectively gives you an SRT minus the 6.4L and the performance pages. That's a hell of a lot of content...brakes, suspension, traction modes, tires/wheels, towing capacity, active sound cancelling, and some other stuff I'm sure I'm missing. While I certainly hope that the package is $5k...I'm not too optimistic about that number. Even at $10k, you're effectively getting a 5.7L SRT at about a $6k-ish "discount". $6k for an upgrade to a 6.4L sounds about right across the industry. I'm not happy about it, but I'm prepared for that reality. One thing as a bonus to the r/t so configured (versus the "true" SRT)....mileage is significantly better so as a long-distance Griswold Family Truckster -type vehicle, it is superior given all the other content being largely equal.

Discussion starter · #63 ·
I'm eagerly waiting for the Dodge website to get updated with the 2021 models so I can start building my next one.
I have no idea what the Tow and Go package is going to cost and I'm hoping it's reasonable .
Interior and exterior colors I'm very eager to see. Redline and Octane Red and my fall backs if they don't release anything else cooler. Going with another White Knuckle isn't out of the question.

Perceived value and actual costs are worlds apart when it comes to some option packages. Consider the Durango is riding on an ancient (by automotive standards) platform. On all of these SRT-lite updates, the engineering, software, and hardware has already been sorted. How manufacturers come up with pricing structures is far more complicated than just adding up assumed list prices. Tow and Go needs to come at a compelling price point to keep the senior citizen Durango relevant to new buyers. Developing an all new platform comes with price tag in the billions of dollars. In it's current form, the Durango is hugely profitable so some nicer hardware is easily amortized into the remaining few years of this rig which makes it easier to offer this package at a great price.

I'm eagerly waiting for the Dodge website to get updated with the 2021 models so I can start building my next one.
I have no idea what the Tow and Go package is going to cost and I'm hoping it's reasonable .
Interior and exterior colors I'm very eager to see. Redline and Octane Red and my fall backs if they don't release anything else cooler. Going with another White Knuckle isn't out of the question.
I really like octane red. Been watching a YouTube video of goonzquad rebuilding a wrecked track hawk and they are painting it octane red, and I thought wow that is a pretty color.

I really like octane red. Been watching a YouTube video of goonzquad rebuilding a wrecked track hawk and they are painting it octane red, and I thought wow that is a pretty color.
The Durango definitely looks good in Octane Red. Something about the color just accentuates the lines of the vehicle. I get compliments all the time about how much people like the color on the Durango.

Reactions: bigunit54
I think I need to soften the DD senior citizen dis a bit by adding that the Durango is by far one of the most enjoyable vehicles that I've owned. I've had all the Holden options available in the USA since the GTO came here in 2004. I love V8's and rear drive, Holden made some of the best in the world. I feel like Dodge is building the SUV that Holden would have (should have) built. Sure the weight compromises emissions and some performance metrics, but it makes it great every day driver (insofar as the dynamics one would expect from a mid-size 7 passenger SUV), particularly with 710hp!! (I'm practicing phase II of my hellcat pitch and since my wife LOVES being the the DD I can leverage the current strengths).

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.